General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Sep-12 18:13:30
Print Post

Fibre lead times

[link to this post]

Wanted to get Sky Fibre, but the earliest available date from openreach was the 29th of october!

Absolutely crazy...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 01-Sep-12 18:20:45
Print Post

Re: Fibre lead times

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

So you don't want it any more? tongue smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Sat 01-Sep-12 19:15:26
Print Post

its a wait wait wait... I am now waiting for the SKY system to activate my line for correct ordering.

Not sure what I am going to do with all of that download/upload capacity. Need to have a think smile

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Sep-12 21:13:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just ended up getting virgin 100meg. They could install on the 6th...
Standard User otester
(learned) Sat 01-Sep-12 21:48:22
Print Post

For your sake I hope you don't live in a densely populated area, or you'll be getting sub-10Mbps speeds with VM.
Standard User simon194
(member) Sat 01-Sep-12 22:36:54
Print Post

[re: otester] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by otester:
For your sake I hope you don't live in a densely populated area, or you'll be getting sub-10Mbps speeds with VM.

Like my sister with her VM up to 5 Mbps fibre service at peak times. That said it did hit nearly 30Mbps one Sunday back in January. smile

She's desperate to get rid but doesn't want to go back to a sub-2Mbps ADSL service but Openreach aren't rolling out fibre in her part of the town
Standard User otester
(learned) Sun 02-Sep-12 20:09:26
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

She could try 3G, I have 3Mbps DSL, but using a Three AYCE SIM (1000GB usage) I get 5Mbps peak, 8Mbps off-peak, ~50ms ping, perfect for gaming, however I still use DSL for that (30ms ping).

The worst part with my mates VM connection is not only is the speed bad but the ping as well, makes playing games very difficult for him.

Before choosing VM I'd scout their forums with your postcode/area, my uncle has VM and lives in a rich neighbourhood with big spaced out houses, he gets 30Mbps 24/7, 10ms ping.
  Print Thread

Jump to