General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Raging_Vampiire
(newbie) Sun 02-Sep-12 21:09:41
Print Post

Bedford FTTC Rollout

[link to this post]

Hi there all, little frustrated and hoping someone might be able to help me. We moved into our estate in Elstow, Bedford a couple of years ago on a promise of 8mbps broadband (not great but it'll do). When the line was connected we were suprised to find that we couldn't get any better that 2mbps and that there was nothing that could be done. Obviously this has been really annoying over the last couple of years as I like online gaming and I buy alot of my games over digitial download so we can't wait for the fibre rollout. The problem is samknows.com says the exchange is FTTC enabled but the "BT Infinity" checker says no go. I can't find any information on the cabinet rollout schedule for Bedford or when they'll start accepting orders. Could anyone help? We live in MK42 9GN and I can PM house number info. Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Most of the estate can get cable apparently except us (in fact I got a letter the other day saying that 80% of our estate was enabled so why don't I place an order?!).

Cheers,

R_V
Standard User Toonshorty
(learned) Sun 02-Sep-12 21:20:09
Print Post

Re: Bedford FTTC Rollout

[re: Raging_Vampiire] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Raging_Vampiire:
Hi there all, little frustrated and hoping someone might be able to help me. We moved into our estate in Elstow, Bedford a couple of years ago on a promise of 8mbps broadband (not great but it'll do). When the line was connected we were suprised to find that we couldn't get any better that 2mbps and that there was nothing that could be done. Obviously this has been really annoying over the last couple of years as I like online gaming and I buy alot of my games over digitial download so we can't wait for the fibre rollout. The problem is samknows.com says the exchange is FTTC enabled but the "BT Infinity" checker says no go. I can't find any information on the cabinet rollout schedule for Bedford or when they'll start accepting orders. Could anyone help? We live in MK42 9GN and I can PM house number info. Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Most of the estate can get cable apparently except us (in fact I got a letter the other day saying that 80% of our estate was enabled so why don't I place an order?!).

Cheers,

R_V

I'll redirect you to this thread from the other day:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4153042-con...

Your postcode looks like it is set to receive a FTTP service too.

Sadly this takes longer to install than FTTC and so it may be a while until you can get it. However, when it does become available it will be a much better service in the long run (Guaranteed speeds that aren't affected by distance, no more 'Up to' speeds).

I can PM you an email for BT Openreach that may be able to help you with a timeframe. I imagine it'll be around in approximately a year or two. When it does come you could expect speeds of around 330Mbps, a good 115x faster than your current speed.

Best bet is to contact Openreach. I can drop you a PM with the address if you're interested.
Standard User Raging_Vampiire
(newbie) Sun 02-Sep-12 21:26:51
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

Toon, that email would be very handy, many thanks for your help!

R_V

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sun 02-Sep-12 23:36:42
Print Post

[re: Raging_Vampiire] [link to this post]

Take a look at the address in this post

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4148121-re-...

Print Thread

Jump to