General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Cheule
(experienced) Tue 04-Sep-12 18:07:24
Print Post

CMTIL cabinet questions

[link to this post]

My local exchange (CMTIL) is due for FTTC/P Dec 2012, in readiness I took a look at which cabinet I'm connected to, the only green cabinet thingy near me is http://goo.gl/maps/M5czK

No number on it sadly, would this be the right cabinet? Apparently I'm connected to P48.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Sep-12 21:09:43
Print Post

Re: CMTIL cabinet questions

[re: Cheule] [link to this post]

No, that's a Virgin Cable Media cabinet.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Tue 04-Sep-12 21:51:58
Print Post

http://goo.gl/maps/YNif9

That may be cab 48- its white but are usually green- is the latest pcp version next to a old white pcp on a nearby road.

http://goo.gl/maps/ldzEb

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Cheule
(experienced) Wed 05-Sep-12 16:39:37
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies - I've seen a lot of pics recently regarding new cabs but all the street furniture round here has seen better days so I'd no idea which was which. Hopefully P48 isn't too far off as my local exchange has just gone from FE to CS on the BT Fibre checker page and I'd love better speeds than the 6mbits/s I get now.

Another question - not sure if it's related to the change in status I mentioned above, but I was on Phase 9a, now if I check it says "not part of a phase". Is this normal or have BT changed their minds?

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 05-Sep-12 20:07:58
Print Post

I live in the CV57JB post code area, not far from you. The Tile Hill exchange has been Identified as CS for some time now with a date for enablement as the end of Dec 12. Around the area where I live a number of new FTTC cabinets have been installed next to the existing units. BT openreach were doing the cable work last week and I managed to have a word the the engineer, he reckoned that the cabinet would be active in about a month, the cabinet in my location is p16, so fingers crossed BT or sky will be accepting orders very soon, before the date identified on the openreach web site hopefully.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Thu 06-Sep-12 15:40:15
Print Post

Is you postcode the one that you link to in the google street view?

I have the full December 2011 spreedsheet and that postcode is connected to cab 34, their is no cabinet 48, only 47 is the last on the list for your exchange.

CMTIL TILE HILL CV49AS {CMTIL}{P34} 0 100%

The cabnet i linked to is actually cabinet 34

http://goo.gl/maps/yTwEX

Your cabinet as of December 2011 was not planned to have FTTC, their have been subsequent versions of the spreadsheet avalaible to isp's only- a member of the forum is from a isp and maybe able to check the most recent version, your cabinet could be planned for a later phase.

I suggest taking a walk round to cab 34 and look to see if their is a FTTC cabinet twin next to it, most of the old style pcp's in your are are white.

Phase 9a/9b are about now but this does depend on which part of the country you are in as the rollout is ahead/behind in certain parts.
Which checker are you using, as the online checkers all use the December 2011 spreadsheet data and should have said not part of a phase, which its doing now.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Thu 06-Sep-12 18:46:54)

Standard User Cheule
(experienced) Thu 06-Sep-12 17:45:33
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Yes it is, sorry it's my error - I did mean P34 not P48 - don't know where that came from lol.

If that one is cab 34, it's still the same as it was in the Google Maps pic - sometimes the cover is hanging off and there doesn't seem to be much inside it to be honest. I might be able to get an up to date pic of it.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 08-Sep-12 11:43:10
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I live in the CV57JB post code area, not far from you. The Tile Hill exchange has been Identified as CS for some time now with a date for enablement as the end of Dec 12. Around the area where I live a number of new FTTC cabinets have been installed next to the existing units. BT openreach were doing the cable work last week and I managed to have a word the the engineer, he reckoned that the cabinet would be active in about a month, the cabinet in my location is p16, so fingers crossed BT or sky will be accepting orders very soon, before the date identified on the openreach web site hopefully.

I have just ordered BT Infinity option 2 on post code CV57JB so it looks like certain cabinets on the Tile Hill exchange are now accepting orders. Open reach web page still indicates enablement end Dec 2012. I am approx 0.1 miles or circ 200m away from the new FTTC cabinet so should be able to get a good download speed, (cross fingers). For information I currently get 5Mbps on Sky broadband but unfortunatley they are not currently offering fibre at my post code otherwise I may have stopped with them. So, all being well I should have fibre installed on the 25th Sept.
Standard User Cheule
(experienced) Sat 06-Oct-12 07:18:25
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I've just taken another peek at BT's website, CMTIL has now changed from CS to AO which is good news. Not sure when my nearest cab will be updated though as the checker says I can't have it.

Also, I have a pic of the nearest cab now, I'll upload it just as soon as I can find my cable.

Edited by Cheule (Sat 06-Oct-12 07:19:05)

Standard User Cheule
(experienced) Wed 01-May-13 10:15:12
Print Post

Wow, holy thread resurrect batman. Well, the pic I had but never got round to uploading was the wrong cabinet anyway, after emailing nga.enquiries people, they tell me that with any luck, cabinet P34 will be upgraded in August 2013.

Incidentally, while on a walk I finally found it!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cv49as&hl=en&ll=52.40...

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to