General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User marcusmarcus
(newbie) Fri 07-Sep-12 16:56:49
Print Post

FTTP rollout plans

[link to this post]

My exchange, Horsforth (MYHSF), is down as FTTC/FTTP in the Openreach When & Where schedule, and was enabled in March this year. A couple of cabinets in my area have been upgraded for FTTC, so work is in progress.

However, the info in the December 11 PCP document seems to have my postcode down as FTTP. None of the online checkers have an estimated date for when FTTP may be available to me.

Does anyone have any info on what the FTTP rollout plans might be? From searching around, it would appear that only a few exchanges supporting FTTP have gone live, and FTTP itself was only productised by Openreach in July, so I realise the deployment is still in its infancy. I'm just clamouring for a fibre connection, and it's gutting that houses only 20m away from mine on the same street have got their FTTC fix already smile

Cheers,

Marcus
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 07-Sep-12 17:09:09
Print Post

Re: FTTP rollout plans

[re: marcusmarcus] [link to this post]

Most FTTP deployments should begin towards the end of the commercial rollout which ends November 2014, by this time Openreach will have deployed FTTC and be into the BDUK contacts that it has won.

Their should be sufficient teams avaliable to do the instal work for FTTP, which can take up to 7 hours per home, has their been any work in the street or on the telephone poles in your area, if you have any?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 07-Sep-12 17:12:58
Print Post

I am in exactly the same position as you. The rest of the cabs in my town are active with FTTC but the lines linked to my cab appear to be down for FTTP, but when that will happen is a mystery. So I would be very interested if anyone is able to shed some light on it.

David

plusnet Broadband Extra customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Fri 07-Sep-12 19:15:28
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

November 2014? Cripes!

No sign of any work in the street or up the telephone poles, disappointingly. Looks like I'm going to have to keep plugging away at the BT Wholesale checker every week or so. Unless anyone knows the email address of any informative Openreach people?
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 10-Sep-12 16:00:01
Print Post

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

They will be able to say when you are likely to see FTTP or possiibly planned for FTTC.

My Broadband Speed Test
(newbie) Tue 11-Sep-12 16:03:40
Print Post

Thanks for the email address. I emailed them my question and received a prompt response of:

This cabinet is scheduled for deployment in phase 10A which is QTR 1 2013, the cabinet in question is current planned as FTTP

So that's good news, I reckon. There was the usual warning about plans changing due to unforeseen circumstances, and that I should consult my ISP's line checker for the commissioning date, but given that no line checkers seem to have a date for my cabinet, this might prove difficult...

Roll on Q1 2013.
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Sep-12 18:14:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by ccxo:

They will be able to say when you are likely to see FTTP or possiibly planned for FTTC.

also thanks, they gave me an exact estimated date rather than quarter.

for me 6 december which is near the end of the quarter sadly.
Standard User schander
(learned) Fri 14-Sep-12 09:53:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by ccxo:

Thanks for the email address. I have emailed them asking. Hopefully I will get a reply.

The reply will hopefull be better than one my local councillor got, via the council, where the contact at OpenReach said that there were to cabinets labelled the same and one of them is live with FTTC and that to get info on the other one, the one I'm connected to, will take 1 month. The information given to ISP's by OpenReach has been saying that my connection should be FTTH/P for a while now.

Thanks
Satpal
Standard User schander
(learned) Sat 22-Sep-12 09:54:18
Print Post

[re: schander] [link to this post]

Got a reply.
They have given me a date to end of Jan 2013 frown it was end of this month, they did confirm that it would FTTH, which is good. However they had there standard disclaimer about work taking longer etc etc.

Well atleast there's a date now.

Satpal

Edited by schander (Sat 22-Sep-12 09:55:43)

(newbie) Sat 29-Dec-12 19:14:55
Print Post

Just to follow up for anyone that may have Googled for info about the Horsforth exchange (MYHSF cabinet 1) and FTTP:

I contacted Openreach again recently, 3 months after my original email, and have now been told that my area is no longer scheduled for FTTP in Q1 2013. It's now planned for FTTC in "the middle of next year (2013)". I don't know what might have changed for OR to flip from FTTP to FTTC, but hey, at least my area is still on the plan.

Fingers crossed for H1 2013...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to