General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User smoothboi1975
(newbie) Mon 10-Sep-12 14:23:05
Print Post

Lion Lane FTTC RH104NS

[link to this post]

Can Anyone help l live in a small village called turners hill in Crawley one end of my village has live infinity and so does the other end but in the middle where i am there was a problem with planning permission for the new green cabinet which was passed in March 2012. Is there anyway i can find out when the planned install date of this cabinet will be. The dats on the adsl checker site just keeps jumping back about 3 months when ever it gets close to the expected go live date it jumps back three months this has been happening for nearly 2 years now.
BTopenreach wont talk to me and talktalk my provider have said there is nothing they can do it just hit dead ends all the time
HELP HELP HELP

Thanks from a very very annoyed photographer

Edited by smoothboi1975 (Mon 10-Sep-12 14:54:37)

Standard User simon194
(member) Mon 10-Sep-12 16:37:56
Print Post

Re: Lion Lane FTTC RH104NS

[re: smoothboi1975] [link to this post]

If it's the only cabinet left to be upgraded I wouldn't expect it to high on OR's list when there's whole towns to do.

BTW I would watch Talk Talk because unless they already have their fibre infrastucture in place they won't provide it unless it's economically viable for them.

In my area we've had fibre for about 6 months now and TT originally had July down for availability, then it moved to August and then it changed to "Register your interest" back in June. This is purely because they don't have enough potential customers to warrant the expense of upgrading their exchange equipment for fibre.

They still keep sending me letters offering me "Britain's cheapest broadband and calls" package as if I would switch from a 70MBps fibre connection. smile
(newbie) Mon 10-Sep-12 23:44:08
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

hey thanks for the advice simon it is appreciated, and yeh all talktalk have done for the last two years is lie to me to keep me in contract.

Interesting what you say about it being viable for them they have basically told me as soon as btinfinity is live in my area they will go live shortly after. So that's another blatant lie then.

i guess you get what you pay for

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 00:02:59
Print Post

Once FTTC from openreach is available then TalkTalk are able to install their GEA cable linking to the new FTTC at the same time as BT Wholesale, so potentially no reason they cannot offer service on the same day. Assuming TalkTalk has a LLU presence at the handover node

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Tue 11-Sep-12 00:11:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Oh right so if i am the only customer in turners hill the village i live in asking for fibre from talktalk they will still install ????
i am currently on LLU and admittedly i get a faster speed than i should often receiving around 5mb but uploads are the issue for me being a photographer it on average takes me all night to upload one shoot to my site it is appaling and talktalks answer to that is why dont you get a business line ???but if i do that as i work from home i cant get all the other home comforts talktalk offer ie youview etc etc
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 00:15:20
Print Post

Its not about the number asking, its whether they offer LLU from the exchange already, and if they do and it gains FTTC very likely they will add the cable link that is required.

TalkTalk business lines that run on ADSL2+ don't really offer much better upload speeds. In fact unless your download is already 14Meg or faster, then the Annex M from business side, and some TalkTalk resellers will not boost upload at all. Max upload for ADSL2+ Annex M is 2 Meg

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Tue 11-Sep-12 00:26:47
Print Post

Argh thanks for your help,

My exchange copethorne already does have FTTC which is live and is also LLU. My problem resides where bt openreach had problems gaining planning permission for the new green box either end of the village is live with there boxes but not us poor soles in the middle as i was reliably informed by a bt openreach enginer that came to fit an upgraded internal telephone socket for me to try and resolve some noise problems i had one the line.

Now the planning permission was granted for the FTTC box back in march 2012 and despite me nagging at talktalk even speaking to there md's office as openreach will not talk to me directly l have been told there is nothing l or talktalk can do but to just sit and wait.
I think this is appaling as bt has been given billions of pounds to make sure rural communities like myself are upto speed and they seem to be doing half a job all over the country.
Have you any ideas or suggestions for to me try and get this box installed and live. I have even spoken to out mp who did not really have a clue what i was talking about.

any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated
Standard User simon194
(member) Tue 11-Sep-12 00:35:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Once FTTC from openreach is available then TalkTalk are able to install their GEA cable linking to the new FTTC at the same time as BT Wholesale, so potentially no reason they cannot offer service on the same day. Assuming TalkTalk has a LLU presence at the handover node

Talk Talk have had an LLU presence at my local exchange, which is the handover node BTW, since 2006 but as I said all you can do is register interest for fibre. The interesting thing was that they initially said fibre would be available in July but the day after the exchange went live back in April it shifted to August.

Mind you I wouldn't give TT the time of day after they terminated my service, including phone, without warning, apparently for excessive data usage on their so-called unlimited package. Then to compound matters, they refused to release the line so I had to get a new line installed with another ISP. I was without a phone and broadband at home for over 2 months.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 00:51:02
Print Post

No one has given BT billions of pounds, the work in your area is all based on money that BT is spending according to its desire.

The BDUK projects which with local money may manage to spend £1bn nationally are yet to deliver any connections, and BT has not won any of the contracts in the south east yet

Standard User simon194
(member) Tue 11-Sep-12 08:09:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
No one has given BT billions of pounds, the work in your area is all based on money that BT is spending according to its desire.

The BDUK projects which with local money may manage to spend £1bn nationally are yet to deliver any connections, and BT has not won any of the contracts in the south east yet

Some local councils go into partnership with Openreach/BT and stump up money towards the rollout. In my area BT co-sponsor the two academies in the area and the council put up something like £880k to ensure the entire town has access to fibre by the end of 2014.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to