General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Sketchygr
(newbie) Mon 10-Sep-12 14:31:02
Print Post

Hereford FTTC - Part 3

[link to this post]

Link to part 2

Created part 3, anyone who has ordered had an engineer round yet? I had to switch phone lines back to BT as well as switching broadband so i have to wait until the 18th for just my phone line, which was 3 weeks (ridiculous). No idea how long it will take them to switch the broadband over after that, they still haven't asked me for my MAC code.

I thought they could at least get things started with the broadband and have everything ready for when my line was switched.
Standard User Toonshorty
(regular) Mon 10-Sep-12 14:38:47
Print Post

Re: Hereford FTTC - Part 3

[re: Sketchygr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sketchygr:
Link to part 2

Created part 3, anyone who has ordered had an engineer round yet? I had to switch phone lines back to BT as well as switching broadband so i have to wait until the 18th for just my phone line, which was 3 weeks (ridiculous). No idea how long it will take them to switch the broadband over after that, they still haven't asked me for my MAC code.

I thought they could at least get things started with the broadband and have everything ready for when my line was switched.

Can't BT do a simultaneous provide where they provide new broadband and phone at the same time?

Shouldn't need a MAC if it's a new line.
Standard User Sketchygr
(newbie) Mon 10-Sep-12 14:42:49
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

It isn't a new line, its an old one going back to BT. Plus i am switching broadband providers to, but like you said i thought they could do it at the same time. The e-mail i got said they'd contact me for my MAC code at some point but i hope it's sometime this week before my phone line switch. Going to be annoying to wait 6-7 weeks total just to switch,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(member) Mon 10-Sep-12 16:18:21
Print Post

[re: Sketchygr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sketchygr:
It isn't a new line, its an old one going back to BT. Plus i am switching broadband providers to, but like you said i thought they could do it at the same time. The e-mail i got said they'd contact me for my MAC code at some point but i hope it's sometime this week before my phone line switch. Going to be annoying to wait 6-7 weeks total just to switch,

Is it an LLU line you are switching back to BT or a disconnected line? If it is they have to have an active BT line before broadband can be ordered.
Standard User drunkenfool
(learned) Mon 10-Sep-12 20:44:29
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

I saw the OR engineer at our cab again today, and I get home this evening to find that our connection is now only at half the speed that it was before (916kbps at the moment!!!) so I really hope this is only temporary. Has anyone else had this before their cab went live?
Standard User funkyboy
(learned) Mon 10-Sep-12 21:20:05
Print Post

[re: drunkenfool] [link to this post]

dose any one know when are they doing the rest of the cabs has seems they have stoped
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 11-Sep-12 08:45:29
Print Post

[re: drunkenfool] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by drunkenfool:
I saw the OR engineer at our cab again today, and I get home this evening to find that our connection is now only at half the speed that it was before (916kbps at the moment!!!) so I really hope this is only temporary. Has anyone else had this before their cab went live?

Since Hereford went live my llu connection has gone from 2.5/0.5 to 3.3/0.7 (Boblestock cab)
Standard User Sketchygr
(newbie) Tue 11-Sep-12 09:15:59
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
Is it an LLU line you are switching back to BT or a disconnected line? If it is they have to have an active BT line before broadband can be ordered.

Aha that would explain it, completely forgot about that. It was an LLU line so i guess that explains the delay! Thanks for the response. Literally counting the days now.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Sep-12 10:33:02
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Since Hereford went live my llu connection has gone from 2.5/0.5 to 3.3/0.7 (Boblestock cab)

Nothing to do with FTTC, maybe they found a fault at the cab and sorted it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 11-Sep-12 11:06:37
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Strange as AFAIK no physical work has been done on Kempton ave cab and I've been @ 2.5mbps for about 3 years with no change atall .... Then when the work in Hereford started my attenuaton goes up and I loose about 30% speed, I requested a line re-learning and after the 10 day period get back up to 2.5.

Then literally the day Hereford goes live my line seems to be pushed back onto training mode and speed progressivly goes up each night and has now settled at +0.8mbps - something I've never seen in the 7 years I've been at this property - and thats even when I was on BT and was manually frigging my SNR.

Now I come to think of it voice calls sound louder too.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to