General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User eded2000
(regular) Tue 11-Sep-12 00:57:34
Print Post

Being removed from LLU before can order FTTC

[link to this post]

I'm currently on an ADSL 2+ package with idnet, phoneline is with BT. My cabinet was finally enabled for FTTC a couple of days ago and I ordered FTTC straight away. I've now been told there will be a delay with my order as I first need to be taken off LLU and put back on the BT wholesale network before FTTC can be ordered. Does this sound right? I could understand if my line was fully LLU'ed and i was trying to move providers but as as its just the BB part and im not moving provider, why is that necessary before FTTC can be ordered?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 01:10:44
Print Post

Re: Being removed from LLU before can order FTTC

[re: eded2000] [link to this post]

Do IDNet do LLU? Escaped my notice if they did

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Tue 11-Sep-12 04:34:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Towards the end of 2011 a gigabit connection to Telefonica (provides BE & O2 as I'm sure you're aware) was setup. This enabled IDNET to offer LLU services.

They run the network on BT or telefonica as far as I'm aware.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ixel
(regular) Tue 11-Sep-12 08:23:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by eded2000:
I'm currently on an ADSL 2+ package with idnet, phoneline is with BT. My cabinet was finally enabled for FTTC a couple of days ago and I ordered FTTC straight away. I've now been told there will be a delay with my order as I first need to be taken off LLU and put back on the BT wholesale network before FTTC can be ordered. Does this sound right? I could understand if my line was fully LLU'ed and i was trying to move providers but as as its just the BB part and im not moving provider, why is that necessary before FTTC can be ordered?

I'm pretty sure BEThere was LLU and I had no issues transferring from them (phone side was with BT). I gave my migration authorisation code to BT and they did the rest for me. No delays other than waiting for the engineer.
Standard User StephenTodd
(member) Tue 11-Sep-12 09:17:08
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

I had BE LLU as well, and no issue with getting Infinity. In fact, Tom's BRAS checker (http://windows.mouselike.org/be/?DoAction=BrasChecker) still shows BE LLU. FFTC splits the data from the phone at the cabinet. I don't see why the phone connection at the exchange should make any difference to the FTTC broadband.

Data For: 01962******
Exchange: WINCHESTER (STWINCH)
BT Recorded Line Length to Exchange (m): 4600
BE LLU: Activated
Real Error: Migration code required for this number

--
Moved (with trepidation) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 09:25:38
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

Technically phone provider does not, but BT is doing FTTC as a bundle hence its low price in the retail arm.

Sky and TalkTalk also do bundles so needs phone with them. IDNet and others that do FTTC do not have same restrictions.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User eded2000
(regular) Tue 11-Sep-12 10:29:36
Print Post

Thanks all - problem is though, I'm not moving provider, I'm staying with my current provider idnet. That being the case, do I need to be moved from LLU to non-LLU at the exchange to get FTTC (at the cabinet!)? Doesn't seem right to me
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 10:38:03
Print Post

Still makes no sense.

LLU or not it is a relatively simple migration, that IDNet should manage without worrying you about any internal detail.

Still not aware IDNet using any network other than BT Wholesale for the broadband anyway.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Sep-12 11:05:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
LLU or not it is a relatively simple migration, that IDNet should manage without worrying you about any internal detail.

Still not aware IDNet using any network other than BT Wholesale for the broadband anyway.

The IDnet forum post that said they were using LLU even says its very simple to migrate !!
http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,27...

I would have thought if IDnet's systems required the line to be on WBC for FTTC then that move would happen at the same time as the openreach engineer transferred the line at the cabinet.

James - be* pro - 16.8 / 1.2 Mbps until 16th Sept - then BT Infinity from 19th Sept - 44.6 / 6.5 Mbps estimated
BQM 13 years of broadband - ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(16M)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 11:07:31
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Well now I know.

But yes should just be a simple migration. Sounds more likely that the IDNet internal systems may be the issue.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to