General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User truex360
(regular) Thu 13-Sep-12 17:35:35
Print Post

ISSUE WITH FTTC MIGRATION TO SKY FTTC WITH MAC KEY

[link to this post]

I Have tried to migrate to sky fttc but was told i could not use MAC key i would need to cancel my other line . and setup a new one with sky . Has anyone else had issue like this . I'm not sure if i want to take the risk of waiting weeks for a new install whilst my other line has been ceased at a cost of £40 as it would not be classed as a migration by my ISP plus another £50 for sky install .

Does anyone know if SKY FTTC are introducing a MAC migration service for FTTC ???

Aquiss 80/20 FTTC
My Broadband Speed Test
Upload is 16 smile
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Thu 13-Sep-12 18:53:18
Print Post

Re: ISSUE WITH FTTC MIGRATION TO SKY FTTC WITH MAC KEY

[re: truex360] [link to this post]

If you are on an LLU service already in any shape than it would go through as a new line regardless of provider. Unless the service happened to be on the same LLU operator.

Who are you currently with? If it's TalkTalk, o2, BE etc then it's probably some form of LLU. If not completely LLU in some cases.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 13-Sep-12 18:53:29)

Standard User truex360
(regular) Thu 13-Sep-12 18:54:24
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

im with aquiss

Aquiss 80/20 FTTC
My Broadband Speed Test
Upload is 16 smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Thu 13-Sep-12 19:15:22
Print Post

I'm not an expert on their packages but I'm sure some are LLU. Whether it's full LLU or not I'm not too sure. Some others can advise better.

Just get Sky to put the fibre optic on a new line completely. Have them come in and install a new line. Keep the old one with aquiss. Once up and running leave aquiss etc.

No chance of downtime and you get a new line so everythings setup perfectly.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Sep-12 19:27:53
Print Post

The MAC is not used because FTTC from Sky is full LLU, i.e. telephone is unbundled, which renders a MAC irrelevant

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Sep-12 19:59:29
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
I'm not an expert on their packages but I'm sure some are LLU.

Except the customer is on one of our FTTx packages presently which is BT WBC based, thus not LLU.

Just get Sky to put the fibre optic on a new line completely. Have them come in and install a new line. Keep the old one with aquiss. Once up and running leave aquiss etc.

No chance of downtime and you get a new line so everythings setup perfectly.

However, a nice lump of cease and cancelling charges from us and maybe the current phone provider. I really don't think this is the right advice (especially as I have spoken to the customer directly myself and know the situation.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
(free activation or migration + 2 months free)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Sep-12 20:09:20
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

SMPF FTTC to full LLU FTTC is a path not trod very often yet.

Based on ADSL LLU, then Sky should drive the process, and having acquired the MAC, even though not used should be enough to avoid cease charges, as the layers in BT group are meant to see user intent to migrate and not raise charge.

Sky agents as with many agents sometimes use odd language.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User truex360
(regular) Thu 13-Sep-12 20:16:47
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Aquiss is a 100% committed FTTC supplier with excellent customer service i have worked with martin on issues when they have arose which hes has resolved successfully so i don't wont it to look like there are issues , my question was just around FTTC migration with SKY.

Aquiss 80/20 FTTC
My Broadband Speed Test
Upload is 16 smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 13-Sep-12 21:25:23
Print Post

When Sky Fibre launched thsi April the T&C's clearly stated that FTTC transfers were not avaliable and I suppose they are still not possible.

I think a lot of problems at Sky are due to the inflexability of their systems not matching what people are asking of Sky as a provider.
  Print Thread

Jump to