General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Marvel
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-12 15:32:23
Print Post

FTTC Morecambe

[link to this post]

Hi. I was hoping someone might be able to help me find out whats happening with my local cabinet. Because after emails to BT, Openreach and my local mp I'm none the wiser haha, I just keep getting fobbed off!!! I've even tried ringing the county council and asking engineers working on the actual cabinets.

My postcode is split between two cabinets p3 and p19. P3 has had a new cabinet installed but p19 hasn't

My postcode is la31uh

Cheers Chris
Standard User iwish
(committed) Mon 24-Sep-12 18:29:17
Print Post

Re: FTTC Morecambe

[re: Marvel] [link to this post]

Cabinet Probability Uplift Phase Status Type
P19 55% 4.79 6b Part of deployment FTTP (Fiber to the Premises)
P3 44% 3.67 6b Part of deployment FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

I bet your on P19 and will just need to wait and see
Standard User Marvel
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-12 19:54:49
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

Yep I am on 19.

Why we can't get info on our cabinets is beyond me!! Why not just say yes your cabinet will be upgraded or no it won't and it never will.

It's really frustrating

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Sep-12 20:55:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Marvel:
Why we can't get info on our cabinets is beyond me!! Why not just say yes your cabinet will be upgraded or no it won't and it never will.
Which is exactly what the spreadsheet is telling you. Namely that those on cab 19 can expect to have an FTTP connection in due course. The problem is that most FTTP installations are not expected to be carried out until the majority of FTTC cabinets have been installed. Installing FTTP is far more labour intensive than FTTC.
Standard User Marvel
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-12 21:19:12
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

When you put it like that I suppose in just being impatient laugh

But as you probably know that spreadsheet was leaked in 2011 and could but inaccurate now! And if someone hadn't leaked it nobody would know any status of their cabinet. But having said that I'm just going to be patient and hope I get it done sometime in the future

Edited by Marvel (Mon 24-Sep-12 21:30:06)

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Tue 25-Sep-12 08:07:27
Print Post

At least with FTTP you get the speed you pay for, with FTTC it's a lottery as to what speed you get.

My estimate was 57, got 52 on connection day, now it's down to around 44 and has been down to 42 meg!

Print Thread

Jump to