General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gazebo
(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:06:21
Print Post

FTTC Cabinet Enabled Date

[link to this post]

What is the e-mail address for OR? Or can you find out for me the plans for the cabinet I am connected to.

My exchange is enabled - Cleckheaton MYCLE - Cabinet number P17 - checks say 100% probabability but no indication of any plans yet - however they do say that the database has not been updated since December.

Thanks in advance
Gary
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:20:30
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabinet Enabled Date

[re: gazebo] [link to this post]

What does this checker say about your phone number?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User gazebo
(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:30:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

For Telephone Number xxxxxxxxxx on Exchange CLECKHEATON

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 6Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 8.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 6Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 8.5Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

Also provision of some services may not be allowed due to product withdrawal, please contact your service provider for further details.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User arfster
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:34:05
Print Post

[re: gazebo] [link to this post]

Sorry, looks like your cabinet isn't in current rollout plans.

There are a few mistakes though, you never know.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:38:24
Print Post

[re: arfster] [link to this post]

I'd agree - unless a cabinet has been installed for the OP. If so, then then checker often removes any reference to FTTC just before it starts accepting orders.
  Print Thread

Jump to