General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pontyslapper
(learned) Fri 28-Sep-12 12:06:06
Print Post

Pontypridd FTTC - pushed back AGAIN!!!

[link to this post]

Its been said on here quite a lot - BT are a joke...

Pontypridd exchange was hailed to be FTTC in June 2012 back in 2011, yet that was pushed to September 2012 in June, and a few days ago as BT's own self imposed deadline loomed, Ponty has been further pushed back to December 2012.

Cabs have appeared all over the town and outlying areas. Indeed, our house is within spitting distance of 2!

However, I think it maybe a power issue as Western Power Distribution are slapping power poles in as we speak, and there is a very high level of pavements being dug up on the main road that lead to the cabs.

Could this end with a cynical - we beat the deadline announcement and a big fanfare unveiling, or will it just 'appear' with a whimper?
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Fri 28-Sep-12 13:25:42
Print Post

Re: Pontypridd FTTC - pushed back AGAIN!!!

[re: pontyslapper] [link to this post]

When my exchange went live (well actually when FTTC became available to me - the BT Checker changed before the exchange went "live" and announced on BT OR twitter feed) it was very much the whimper.

There were no grand announcements but about 6 weeks later a sticky advertising sign appeared on the FTTC CAB.

BT don't seem to go in for grand announcements. Might be different if there is Local Authority or other bodies involved - we didnt have any of that.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User pontyslapper
(learned) Fri 28-Sep-12 21:27:15
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Typical - so its just a case of keeping an eye out on the Openreach and power bods as they approach the cabs near us, and also have an eye on the checkers on the net.

Joy!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 22-Oct-12 14:28:37
Print Post

[re: pontyslapper] [link to this post]

pontypridd now accepting orders, cant wait to get rid of this 1mb connection.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 04-Nov-12 11:34:55
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have also ordered for myself and my parents - date of mid november given for install.

Lets hope Openreach can do it!!
  Print Thread

Jump to