General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dm1983
(member) Sat 29-Sep-12 21:44:53
Print Post

BT Infinity date slips - surprise surprise

[link to this post]

After months of the BT website claiming BT Infinity would be available here from 29th September, the website now states 31st December.

This just kind of sums up the pathetic service BT offer up here, does this suggest the Sky product will now no longer be available up here until then too?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 29-Sep-12 21:53:09
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity date slips - surprise surprise

[re: dm1983] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dm1983:
... does this suggest the Sky product will now no longer be available up here until then too?
No.

It makes it a certainty.

If there is work going on around your cabinet then it could bounce back to sooner than the end of Dec.

Are you certain Sky will be offering FTTC there, even when the cab is live? They don't cover all of them, whereas BT WHolesale do.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User pob
(member) Sun 30-Sep-12 11:49:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Same in my area.

Original date was 31st March - date on website was then changed to 30th September sometime during March.

Cabinet was installed in April (I watched them do it!), but nothing much has happened since.

Yesterday the date on the BT site changed to 31st December.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Sep-12 12:35:55
Print Post

[re: dm1983] [link to this post]

At least you have a date...

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User veletron
(newbie) Sun 30-Sep-12 12:40:59
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

BT are simply a bunch of useless ****'s My exchange is enabled (mid Sept), but they only ever bothered to do 50% of the cabinets. They have now moved out of the area, so no chance of my ever getting over 3Mbits now.

How can a 50% coverage mean 'job done'?? Yes, my cabinet is on the PCP, as are most of the other cabinets that they never bothered to upgrade.

I give up, its time to move house to a Virgin Media area. Had enough of BT's false promises.

Nigel
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 30-Sep-12 12:50:20
Print Post

[re: veletron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by veletron:
My exchange is enabled (mid Sept), but they only ever bothered to do 50% of the cabinets. They have now moved out of the area, so no chance of my ever getting over 3Mbits now.

How can a 50% coverage mean 'job done'?? Yes, my cabinet is on the PCP, as are most of the other cabinets that they never bothered to upgrade.
There is never more than one FTTC cabinet attached to a PCP, except in a high demand area when the first has filled up so an additional one is needed. I'm not sure you know what a PCP is?
I give up, its time to move house to a Virgin Media area. Had enough of BT's false promises.
Good luck with that! The grass isn't always greener.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 08-Oct-12 14:04:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by dm1983:
... does this suggest the Sky product will now no longer be available up here until then too?
No.

It makes it a certainty.

If there is work going on around your cabinet then it could bounce back to sooner than the end of Dec.

Are you certain Sky will be offering FTTC there, even when the cab is live? They don't cover all of them, whereas BT WHolesale do.

I asked Sky when I would be able to order (just prior to the BT date slipping) and they said it would be within a month.
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Mon 08-Oct-12 14:08:53
Print Post

[re: pob] [link to this post]

THey operate a bit like the Cowboy builders program. Builder turns up starts work and then disappears. When chased they blame the weather, sub contracters suppliers et al.

Edited by Bob_s2 (Mon 08-Oct-12 14:10:04)

Print Thread

Jump to