General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iwish
(committed) Tue 02-Oct-12 18:24:23
Print Post

Fibre cabinets

[link to this post]

Having been keeping my eye on planed work from bt in my area as we have been moved to December date now from September.
A lot of digging was done by BT during September so will take it all did not goto plan for them with ducts.
Anyway the roadworks map now shows that BT have planed work at all the cabinets in our village on the 26th October to the 1st of November and I have seen small new grey boxes installed more or less next to the new BT cabinets.Could this mean that Bt are now ready to plant some fibre cabinets and these small boxes are for the power in some way.
One of the grey boxes has had a channel dug up towards the cabinet but stops just before it gets to it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Oct-12 18:27:50
Print Post

Re: Fibre cabinets

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

Small is relative, rough dimensions?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iwish
(committed) Tue 02-Oct-12 18:30:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cant find a camera but the grey box is just a little smaller than the new BT phone cabinet and a 3rd of the width of it

Edited by iwish (Tue 02-Oct-12 18:43:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 02-Oct-12 18:42:32
Print Post

Grey boxs normallo a smallpost are usually used by the Royal Mail. THey drop sacks of mail off in them for the local postman to deliver

See link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10163027@N05/4101948967/
Standard User iwish
(committed) Tue 02-Oct-12 22:12:41
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

OMG really. Its a power box it was installed by the power company with a big power sign on it. Its not a post box and if it was they would not put em next to the cabinets then dig a trench from them with power cables.
Please read before you post.

From my 1st post
One of the grey boxes has had a channel dug up towards the cabinet but stops just before it gets to it

Edited by iwish (Tue 02-Oct-12 22:13:32)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 02-Oct-12 22:17:46
Print Post

ECI 128 on this page? Maybe even the Huawei 128. Some councils object to the green.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Oct-12 22:19:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by iwish:
OMG really. Its a power box it was installed by the power company with a big power sign on it. Its not a post box and if it was they would not put em next to the cabinets then dig a trench from them with power cables.
Please read before you post.

From my 1st post
One of the grey boxes has had a channel dug up towards the cabinet but stops just before it gets to it

New traffic lights or crossing? sounds like traffic light control boxes.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User iwish
(committed) Wed 03-Oct-12 00:25:23
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

That sounds plausible but just hope the fact that all bt jobs on the map point to every cab in my area is a sign that they will install the cabinets now and a will get my fibre connection this year. if not then bring on the new year and i hope to get it in that year.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Oct-12 08:57:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by iwish:
That sounds plausible but just hope the fact that all bt jobs on the map point to every cab in my area is a sign that they will install the cabinets now and a will get my fibre connection this year. if not then bring on the new year and i hope to get it in that year.

I hope they do for you, if that is what you want.

I thought my next door neighbour would have changed by now to fibre, but they still got the old BThomhub 2 as I can tell via my computer wi-fi dongle. Maybe they don't realise that we can get it yet, but they should as they are with BT and Bt have been sending out letters to their users around here as my other next door neighbour had one and I had one with the householder on.

Maybe they have put in for it but it is taking a while. my other next door neighbour, the one i know had a letter chucked the letter in the bin, they are not going for fibre.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
  Print Thread

Jump to