General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Wed 03-Oct-12 13:16:46
Print Post

Better Broadband Rollout Information

[link to this post]

I am working on obtaining far better Broadband rollout information than is currently available. I thought I would start with a rural area so stuck a pin on a map and come up with Suffolk.
At the moment the Council is working with BT to finalize the contract and do a gap analysis to ensure no one falls between the cracks. BT will also be undertaking some survey work over the next eight weeks identifying any issues such as blocked ductís, obstructions etc. When this work is complete it is intend to issue quarterly updates on the roll out phasing.
Once this is complete a final rollout plan will be agreed with BT and an online checker will be made available where everyone can input a postcode or landline number and get information about deployment timescale and likely speed. It will also identify whether they are in the commercial rollout or intervention rollout.
The contract for the intervention rollout will include penalty clauses to incentivise BT to keep to the agreed schedule

Edited by Bob_s2 (Wed 03-Oct-12 13:48:55)

Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Oct-12 13:43:46
Print Post

Re: Better Broadband Rollout Information

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

When you're ready to let people know might I suggest Irish Mike to be your spokesperson?

My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Oct-12 14:32:57
Print Post

If the council intends to make available a postcode checker available then why are you getting involved?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iwish
(committed) Wed 03-Oct-12 16:09:28
Print Post

So what information can you supply that they cant
  Print Thread

Jump to