General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Oct-12 15:54:12
Print Post

Finally!!!

[link to this post]

My exchange has gone from NC to FE! - finally by the end of next year we will have an alternative to Vermin Medium! (Who I used once and never again!

Woohoo!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 06-Oct-12 16:40:46
Print Post

Re: Finally!!!

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Errr.

Whatever it is sounds as though it's good, from your reaction.

But whatever NC and FE stand for I don't know tongue smile. Possibly the FE is fibre enabled, but new on these forums I think. Certainly in this one.

What about your cabinet? Is that on the schedule?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User indigobanana
(newbie) Sat 06-Oct-12 16:43:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I guess FE = Future Exchange and NC = Not Currently in Rollout from the info on the BT Openreach Where and When page

My Broadband Speed Test

Currently with TalkTalk, transferring to PlusNet next week!
20CN ADSL Max frown
I live in hope...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 06-Oct-12 16:46:35
Print Post

[re: indigobanana] [link to this post]

AH, thanks. That sounds almost certain. I did think I must have it wrong, after posting, as he says the end of next year.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Oct-12 19:52:00
Print Post

I have no idea how to check if my cabinet is or not.. All I know is the number that's painted on it.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 06-Oct-12 20:02:47
Print Post

Does this checker mention fibre for your phone number? (Assuming you haven't got an LLU phone).

(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Oct-12 20:04:13
Print Post

I am with Sky LLU at the moment but I am thinking of going to BT for ADSL as they are likely to have infinity before Sky get round to installing the kit. Then it would be a toss up between PLusnet and Sky for fibre.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 06-Oct-12 20:11:02
Print Post

Phone with Sky as well as the broadband? Try your address in that checker then. Not just your postcode.

Frankly, in the circs, I'd stick where you are until the time comes. Sky only have to get a £2000 or so link installed at the exchange, so might have it done in time, and both BT and PN can do the return of the phone with possible SIM provide as well. Though the SIM provide may tax them when it's FTTC.

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Oct-12 22:19:27
Print Post

I wouldn't switch to BT on the presumption there would be a delay with Sky.

My cabinet was enabled about 3 days after the exchange went live and Sky was available immediately. It may have been available on other cabinets earlier, I don't know.

Kris

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Oct-12 23:14:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Phone with Sky as well as the broadband? Try your address in that checker then. Not just your postcode.

Frankly, in the circs, I'd stick where you are until the time comes. Sky only have to get a £2000 or so link installed at the exchange, so might have it done in time, and both BT and PN can do the return of the phone with possible SIM provide as well. Though the SIM provide may tax them when it's FTTC.

Ah thanks. I think I will stay where I am. That checker says nothing yet about FTTC but when it goes to "Coming Soon" ill start to check again.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to