General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


  Print Thread
Standard User nlel
(newbie) Mon 08-Oct-12 15:32:48
Print Post

Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband Speed


[link to this post]
 
I live in Jersey, Channel Islands and Jersey Telecom JT Global are currently upgrading the existing copper to fibre optic meaning we will all soon have the option of gigabit broadband.

As a taste of what we can expect I link to this speedtest.net result

Speedtest.net

Edited by nlel (Mon 08-Oct-12 15:34:51)

Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 08-Oct-12 15:39:01
Print Post

Re: Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband S


[re: nlel] [link to this post]
 
Very nice, just need to win the lottery and move to Jersey now then.

smile

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Mon 08-Oct-12 15:45:04)

Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Mon 08-Oct-12 16:09:12
Print Post

Re: Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband S


[re: nlel] [link to this post]
 
LOL. A speed of 560Mbps, and you're still only faster than 99% of Jersey. What do the other 1% have?


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Oct-12 17:33:34
Print Post

Re: Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband S


[re: nlel] [link to this post]
 
My lease is up soon I think I might move smile
Standard User nlel
(newbie) Mon 08-Oct-12 18:49:08
Print Post

Re: Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband S


[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]
 
There is a 50GB per month cap on usage but at off peak times (overnight) the connection is unlimited and it only costs 30p per GB outside of that see here

Link
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Oct-12 20:00:46
Print Post

Re: Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband S


[re: nlel] [link to this post]
 
well if it's unlimited say midnight till 8 that's fab smile

it's one of the reasons I am looking at a few ISPs for fibre when i get it

link didn't work for me ill try again soon
Standard User nlel
(newbie) Thu 13-Dec-12 10:41:38
Print Post

Re: Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband S


[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]
 
Just received a whole load more speedtests from my contact with FTTH in Jersey and are as follows;

To JT speedtest.net server:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368918724.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368928115.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368928903.png

London: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368932905.png
Skipton: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368932091.png
Guernsey: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368930637.png
UK one: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368920874.png
France: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368922098.png
New York: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368923005.png
San Francisco: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368924438.png
Tokyo: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368926179.png
Perth: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368927546.png

Quote "As a more useful metric, I am pulling a steady 13.5MB/sec from a virtual
server hosted in Manchester, and about 6.7MB/sec from a physical server
hosted in Germany."
Standard User nlel
(newbie) Sun 16-Dec-12 19:39:31
Print Post

Re: Jersey Telecom JT Global Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband S


[re: nlel] [link to this post]
 
Lastly I link you to these speedtest.net results obtained by other subscribers to Jersey Telecoms Gigabit Fibre Optic Broadband where they hit near the gigabit speed when testing against the Jersey Telecoms server.

http://tinypic.com/r/2u71yc9/6
  Print Thread

Jump to