General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 08-Oct-12 22:52:25
Print Post

BT OR Terms

[link to this post]

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if BT use the term 'flipping' to refer to the situation where they informally plan for FTTP then switch to FTTC prior to survey?

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Regards,

Gareth
Standard User izools
(experienced) Tue 09-Oct-12 13:21:46
Print Post

Re: BT OR Terms

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi,

Can anyone confirm if BT use the term 'flipping' to refer to the situation where they informally plan for FTTP then switch to FTTC prior to survey?

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Regards,

Gareth

I don't know about the terminology used but where I used to live the area was originally planned for FTTP and subsequently got enabled for FTTC.

It was a blessing in disguise.

The Exeter exchange is down for FTTP/C as part of Phase 5a, yet most areas destined to get FTTP still have nothing at all. The scheduled FTTP areas in Exeter that have actually gone live could be counted on one hand, whereas most areas planned for FTTC have been live for 1+ year already.

(member) Tue 09-Oct-12 17:33:03
Print Post

Re: BT OR Terms

[re: izools] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by izools:
I don't know about the terminology used but where I used to live the area was originally planned for FTTP and subsequently got enabled for FTTC.

It was the same round my way. Originally it was going to be FTTP but then it changed to FTTC/P with only a couple of small areas earmarked for FTTP from the outset.

Apparently the plan is to have FTTP as an option (as in a choice of FTTC or FTTP without going down the FTTP on Demand route) in the whole town by 2017. Whether it will ever happen is anyone's guess.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to