General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 11-Oct-12 16:23:45
Print Post

little big one instability

[link to this post]

Hi this is a long shot with LBO been quite small unknown and only been in south Yorkshire but ill ask anyway.

Ill start off by saying in all ive been happy with them because they are a truly unlimited no traffic shaped ISP but i will also say their support are a bit useless and always have to escalate problems and get back to you (even talktalk tried their best to get it fixed while on the phone and run threw steps with you lol)

Now to the problem from the day i got the super fast product i synced at the speeds in my sig with maybe 1 drop out a day round about 6-7PM that i did not mind at all this went on for about 4 month,
Then they introduced their TV package and i signed up (apparently was the second to order) well when i got this it would not work correctly and they told me its because i had interleaving turned off and my line was maxing and some reason interfering with the TV,

Anyway after a week of them messing to get the TV working the only way to get it working was to cap my sync speed at 50/14 and turn interleaving back on so that made my pings rise to about 30 from 10 (even then the tv was not perfect still had a couple of glitches).
Ultimately after about 2 month i decided the TV was not that good channel wise and the glitching still made it impossible to record because the recording picked them up more than live watching,
So i told them id disconnected the TV stuck it in draw and had sky put back on and asked them to put me back to what i was on before so i could get my speed back, well they tried this but the max they could seam to get was 60/18 and my line started to disconnect every 5 minutes (even though they claimed to have put it back exactly how it was ) so after yet again more testing and messing about they now claim the only way to get it stable is to cap me at 45/20 which i have now been connected for 22 hours without a disconnect but this is yet again even slower than the 50/14 (well download wise) that ive been on for the last 2 month.

to boot it all the refuse to let me downgrade back to the 40/10 product at £25 say they only allow upgrades

sorry for the little essay i know its a long shot but can anyone advice what i can suggest to them to get my speed back without disconnections im paying an extra £10 to get the faster speeds past 40/10 and im sorry but a 5meg gain is not worth £10 when i know for 4 months i was running perfectly fine at 70meg till they messed for their TV

just to let you know there's no noise on my line and im plugged into the test socket as my faceplate went faulty and i never replaced it, ive also tried various filters so i know its not a faulty filter

Line Stats if they might help

VDSL WAN Up 45012/20040 kbps
noise margin upstream: 6 db
output power downstream: 0 db
attenuation upstream: 0 db
noise margin downstream: 9 db
output power upstream: 10 db
attenuation downstream: 22 db

Thanks ever so much

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 70000/23828 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package 588M from the cab 6dB snr 22Aten
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 11-Oct-12 16:34:55
Print Post

Re: little big one instability

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

If you were an early subscriber the issue may actually be cross talk as others have signed up slowly dropping your speed, particularly if the TV proved popular.

Does the noise margin improve when the only thing connected to the telephone line is the VDSL modem? and it is using the test socket?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 11-Oct-12 16:56:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If you were an early subscriber the issue may actually be cross talk as others have signed up slowly dropping your speed, particularly if the TV proved popular.

Does the noise margin improve when the only thing connected to the telephone line is the VDSL modem? and it is using the test socket?

No it dose not change TBH i think they've some how managed to make that static it never ever changes unless they change it at their end no matter what time of day you look its always that and no matter whats plugged in / not plugged in TBH though the routers they supply have very limited access so what it tells us might be different to what they see.

As for cross talk maybe but from my understanding from general news and LBO there has not been that much of a major take up of digital region products compared to OR products especially around here we've got all 3 fiber providers here DRN, OR & VM
So most people already had VM and when it comes to well known BT or unknown DRN i think their more likely going to go via BT lol ive noticed a fair lot of new BT connections poping up lately actually (wifi)

Silly question can the OR cab interfere with the DRN cab with cross talk their bang next to each other or even. the other way around

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 70000/23828 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package 588M from the cab 6dB snr 22Aten

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 11-Oct-12 17:46:40
Print Post

Ok so i just had an email from little big one support saying

Good Afternoon Ashley,

Thanks for getting back to us. I have just spoken with our second line team who have re-profiled your service based on your request. We can see that your line is now synchronising at 70Mbps Downstream and 24Mbps Upstream with 8ms of interleaving applied to the service to ensure stability. I understand the reason for your line being synchronised at 45Mbps Downstream was to ensure maximum stability of the service so although we have increased the sync speed back upto 70/24, please be aware that you may encounter some stability issues.

Please try and monitor the connection over the next 48 hours and contact us so we can gather some feedback about how the service is. If, after the 48 hours has passed and you're happy with the stability then we should be able to close the support ticket we have open.

its been up for 1 hour so they must of done it not long after i posted this lol but that's already still 3x what it was staying up before so maybe adding a little bit of latency will solve the disconnections i will do as they say and monitor for the next 2 days but if it can manage 12 hours before disconnections ill be happy and will leave it at that lol i dont expect a perfect connection but i do expect the be more stable than disconnecting every 20 mins smile

VDSL WAN Up 70004/24000 kbps
noise margin upstream: 5 db
output power downstream: 0 db
attenuation upstream: 0 db
noise margin downstream: 6 db
output power upstream: 10 db
attenuation downstream: 22 db

speedtest using JD speedtest

pings actually better than i was expecting about what i was expecting and small price to pay to get the speed back

Ash

Standard User asbokid
(member) Sat 13-Oct-12 00:47:49
Print Post

Try and keep note of the error counters from the DSL layer, and the DSL uptime, otherwise the counters are meaningless. The counters, as a function of time, are a key measure of "stability".

cheers, a
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 13-Oct-12 00:53:57
Print Post

[re: asbokid] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by asbokid:
Try and keep note of the error counters from the DSL layer, and the DSL uptime, otherwise the counters are meaningless. The counters, as a function of time, are a key measure of "stability".

cheers, a

Ive been keeping an eye and its now been up for 2 days, 7 hours 32 mins and its drops twice both around 9PM, as for error counters im not aloud access to them the rosters access is about 50% locked out we are only aloud a user account the admin accounts is reserved for little big one to remotely access it and under no circumstances will they give users access to it :/

the user gives access to wifi some other minor functions tells us sync speed and just about lets use get the SNR details everything else is more a less locked out shame really as its quite a good router with full access

Ash

Standard User asbokid
(member) Sat 13-Oct-12 01:34:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
Ive been keeping an eye and its now been up for 2 days, 7 hours 32 mins and its drops twice both around 9PM, as for error counters im not aloud access to them the rosters access is about 50% locked out we are only aloud a user account the admin accounts is reserved for little big one to remotely access it and under no circumstances will they give users access to it :/

This is the Alcatel Cellpipe 7130? It's another BCM6368 device so should unlock or at least they got the N.American version to unlock okay. See Peter Kieser's site (once you're out of contract). smile

http://peterkieser.com/

cheers, a
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 13-Oct-12 01:46:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by acpsd775:

This is the Alcatel Cellpipe 7130? It's another BCM6368 device so should unlock or at least they got the N.American version to unlock okay. See Peter Kieser's site (once you're out of contract). smile

http://peterkieser.com/

cheers, a

No its a Zyxel P-2812HNU-F1 little big one don't use the cellpipe

Standard User asbokid
(member) Sat 13-Oct-12 02:04:21
Print Post

Ahh, sorry. Got muddled with another Digital Region comms provider.

Had thought that the ZyXEL was another 6368-based device but evidently not. Must be another one. The 2812 is apparently a VRX288 chipset from the same Lantiq family of System-on-Chip (SoC) as the ECI B-FOCuS that BT Openreach supplies as CPE.

This fellow, zoot, managed to get a shell, so it's already 'hacked' really.

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=152271#p...

cheers, a
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 13-Oct-12 02:10:12
Print Post

Ahh, sorry. Got muddled with another Digital Region comms provider.

Had thought that the ZyXEL was another 6368-based device but evidently not. Must be another one. The 2812 is apparently a VRX288 chipset from the same Lantiq family of System-on-Chip (SoC) as the ECI B-FOCuS that BT Openreach supplies as CPE.

This fellow, zoot, managed to get a shell, so it's already 'hacked' really.

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=152271#p...

cheers, a

its one of these all i know is with LBO limiting the access users can use its a bit of a disappointment lol.

Ash

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to