General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User treelessbat
(newbie) Sat 13-Oct-12 00:03:59
Print Post

fttc AVAILABLE WHEN

[link to this post]

Hi all
I live in Battersea Sw11 3ps my cabinet is P43 the new FTTC cabnit was installed last March when we had a expected switch on date of March 31st.

The exchange went live just before this date but my Cabinet slipped back to June 30th then sep 30th now dec 31st almsot all the surrondinr ares has active FTTC apart from a area around Battersea park in am right on the edge of this area but have not managed to find out why My cab is not switched there is evidence of a trench being dug between the onld and new cab since March as well.

I was wondering if any of you had any info as to when they are going to compleat the work and what the hold has been.

TB
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sat 13-Oct-12 19:54:33
Print Post

Re: fttc AVAILABLE WHEN

[re: treelessbat] [link to this post]

I've put your postcode into the Superfast where and when website and it states the following:

This marker shows cabinet: P43
Which is linked to exchange: BATTERSEA
Please note: This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide fibre broadband services to your postcode. We're sorry but itís taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us.

We're sorry that the work we are doing to bring fibre broadband to your area is taking longer than first planned. This can be for many reasons that include blocked underground cable routes, issues with providing electrical power to the cabinet and issues with the cabinetís location. Please bear with us while we work to resolve this which may take some time. We will continue to work on this and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you would like any more information feel free to contact us at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

Note: The push pin on the map on that page is not very accurate, it can be way out!

A pretty standard answer really, but it does show your cabinet is being held up by something, you may get more info by emailing the address above. We have cabinets held up in our are due to the ducts being blocked, one cabinet is also incorrectly sited and has got to be moved, there may also be problems getting power to the cabinet.

The cabinets in our area started appearing in February, most are now live, but some are still not, had a couple more go live this week.

(newbie) Sat 13-Oct-12 20:35:25
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Thank you for the reply and the info there seems to be a block of 4 or 5 cabinets that have been sighted but not active yet ill mail then to see if i can get more info

TB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sun 14-Oct-12 00:35:53
Print Post

If there's a block of 4 or 5 cabinets which aren't live yet then I expect they are having problems getting the fibre to them, they'll be some blocked ducts on the main spine route to these cabinets.

I expect being in London the Olympics would have also held things up - there was a ban on non essential road works.

You can also find info on http://www.roadworks.org/ make sure you select planned work under map layers, then look for the telephone symbol, they are telcoms related works, clicking them will give more info.

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 14-Oct-12 00:39:31)

(newbie) Sun 14-Oct-12 09:26:08
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

yeah there us this om the road works map
A3205 York Road, Wandsworth, London, Wandsworth
Works Start: 11 Oct
End: 15 Oct
BT Logo
High impact, delays likely
Description: Locate and excavate 1 blockage in existing duct in c/w
Current status: Planned work about to start
Traffic lights, etc: Lane closure.

the cabs that where still not active are slowly being turned on a friend whi lives in the next street but on a different cab can noe order FTTC so fingers crossed my cab will be ready soon
Standard User timl
(member) Wed 17-Oct-12 13:04:34
Print Post

Where I live (SEAFORD) they seem to have a similar problem connecting to my CAB.

Works Start: 17 Oct
End: 30 Oct

High impact, delays likely
Description: Install 2m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Install 4m of 1 way poly duct in Location: O/S HAMILTON HOUSE TO JNC BELGRAVE ROAD ON CARLTON ROAD
Description: Install 13m of 1 way poly duct in Footway
Traffic lights, etc: Traffic control (two-way signals)

Do these roadworks look like they could be for a fiber problem?

Most of the rest of Seaford can now order FTTC. Hopefully BT will make my CAB ready for sometime in November - the BT wholesale checker is blank about FTTC.
I *so* **need** FTTC smile

Be 4.4Mb on 62db!
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Wed 17-Oct-12 14:10:30
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

That says "installing duct" rather than "clearing duct".

It could be to connect the FTTC CAB to the existing PCP?

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User timl
(member) Wed 17-Oct-12 15:21:15
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

You could be right... I got this from the kind people at BTW... which implies these might be the ducts they're installing. smile

"The cabinet feeding your line is still within the build process and is currently awaiting power and other works."

They think my PCP might be enabled in November 2012?

Be 4.4Mb on 62db!
(newbie) Thu 18-Oct-12 19:00:30
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

this is now on the roadworks map smack bang on top of my cabinet soo it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel
Battersea Bridge Road, Battersea, London, Wandsworth
Works Start: 07 Nov
End: 13 Nov
Logo
Medium impact, delays possible
Description: Connections Highway Services:NEW INDIVIDUAL SUPPLY::FOOTWAY EXCAVATION & NEW ELECTRICAL CONNECTION TO BT CABINET
Traffic lights, etc: None/signing only
Queries should be addressed to UK Power Networks quoting reference EC20610625080
Work info last modified 14:34 on 18/10/2012
Last updated on roadworks.org 18:10 on 18/10/2012
Data source Transport For London
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Thu 18-Oct-12 22:55:45
Print Post

That's the power being connected then, not sure how long it will take after that though, depends if the fibre in yet.

At least its getting there smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to