General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 13-Oct-12 12:06:31
Print Post

Woburn Sands and Milton Keynes FTTC Upgrade

[link to this post]

Hi,

BT have indicated that around 10 FTTC cabinets will be install for the Woburn Sands Exchange area in early November.

This will provide FTTC to:

- Woburn Sands
- Wavendon
- Wavendon Gate
- Brinklow (commercial / industrial area)
- Kingston (commercial / industrial area).

I understand that other areas of Milton Keynes connected to the Bradwell Abbey Exchange which currently don't have NGA have been delayed slightly due to overrunning survey work and duct problems.

I hope someone finds this useful. More information can be found on the Milton Keynes Broadband Action Groups forum at mkbag.org

Regards,

Gareth
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 13-Oct-12 17:00:23
Print Post

Re: Woburn Sands and Milton Keynes FTTC Upgrade

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

interesting i dont think that is correct - Openreach has not made any public statement onc verage for wonburn sands as far as i understand only that is an announced exchnage
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 19-Oct-12 10:31:19
Print Post

Yes its not announced.

But we got dates of March from BT. The 21CN migration was early and it appears this fibre deployment will be early too.

Believe me they are laying the ducting, fibre and doing the cabinets as I write this.

Regards,

Gareth

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User garethr
(newbie) Sun 11-Nov-12 23:51:56
Print Post

All the cabs are now in and have power.

Fibre has yet to be blown to some cabs due to a now cleared blockage near Woburn Sands Exchange.

Regards,

Gareth

Edited by garethr (Mon 12-Nov-12 00:06:53)

Standard User Nig
(member) Thu 15-Nov-12 19:27:56
Print Post

[re: garethr] [link to this post]

3 Openreach trucks today in Passalewe Lane, Wavendon Gate.

Much cable being fed into ducts at corner of Walton End and Passalewe Lane.

I'm trying to keep calm and wait for the end of March 2013!

Nig
Standard User garethr
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 22:57:00
Print Post

[re: Nig] [link to this post]

Cheers for that.

Well, we have someone keeping an eye for us and I'm reliably informed they are doing as much work as they can but that there is another blockage somewhere in Woburn Sands High Street which needs to be sorted out. By the sounds of it they have 'worked around' the problem they had getting ducting though Wavendon,

smile that's my happy face.

The North will go live once they can get ducting and subsequently fibre to the Exchange. However, we didn't get a straight answer for the FTTP.

;-( thats my glum face.

The target for all the current work is 30 November - despite what the checker says.

Full list at www.mkbag.org/fibre

Regards,

Gareth
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Nov-12 08:59:32
Print Post

Did your campaign, other private individuals or the council subsidise BT for these deployments?

Edited by Ignitionnet (Fri 16-Nov-12 09:00:40)

Standard User Fastman2
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 09:28:08
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Woburn Sands is done as part of Commercial deployement no funding and no public money
Standard User garethr
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 09:28:44
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

There has been no subsidy from anyone. But, we've always been promised by BT that it can and would be sorted but was very expensive.

But, there is no other competition in Milton Keynes so the business case is far simpler. The main focus for BT was to get BDUK funding for MK which for some reason they thought would be a huge amount. However, the funding is very very small so they appear to have just opted to get on with it. The BDUK funding will cover NGA for some small Exchanges which arn't as urgent because 99% on those exchange must get more than 2-3 Meg anyway.

We did do some campaign activity which got BT's attention and we believe this is why Woburn Sands has been done. However, the coverage is way beyond what we could have possibly hoped for.

It also worth pointing out that Woburn Sands looks like an old Exchange. However, it is actually only built in the 80's and is highly specified. So the necessary upgrades were not as serious as one might imagine. We've know it would be upgrade since last Christmas due to planning applications.

Regards,

Gareth
Standard User garethr
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 09:34:58
Print Post

Update.

More ducting is going in but there is another blockage near the Exchange within Woburn Sands High Street.

Awaiting g carillon to request permits etc.

Regards,

Gareth
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to