General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shrey
(newbie) Mon 15-Oct-12 11:15:01
Print Post

FTTC Hatfield Help

[link to this post]

Hi
My Hatfield exchange has been FTTC enabled and I have a few friends that are now on FTTC in Hatfield.

The cabinet I am attached to had a date of 30 Sept 2012 to be upgraded, but now that date has gone with no new update. BT & OpenReach have no information (surprise surprise!)

Can anyone on this forum help as to when my cabinet could be upgraded? My postcode is AL10 9NZ. I can see the cabinet from my window, should get a good speed (better than 5Mb I've been getting for last 7 years) since I am so close.

Thanks in advance.

Shrey
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Oct-12 11:33:30
Print Post

Re: FTTC Hatfield Help

[re: shrey] [link to this post]

Dates that are quarter end dates, tend to mean it is a very rough estimate, so pick a date between now and 2014 depending on how lucky you feel.

Real indicators are actual work around the existing cabinet.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 15-Oct-12 19:55:34
Print Post

Re: FTTC Hatfield Help

[re: shrey] [link to this post]

Well your postcode is split between cabinets 54 and 55, most of the postcode is on cab 54 with only 3% on 55 but both where planned to have a FTTC cabinet twin installed in phase 8a in the December 2011 spreadsheet.

Could be worth contacting your local planning office at the council to see if their was a refusal on the application.
Also send a email to this address below, will take about 9-10 days to reply due to the volume of emails their getting but Openreach should be able to say whats happening with your cabinet and a estimated date of deployment if its still in the rollout.

nga.enquiries at openreach.co.uk

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to