General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Oct-12 17:33:35
Print Post

BT Infinity installation today (hopefully)

[link to this post]

An engineer is due to come today between 1pm and 6pm to install BT Infinity. Only half an hour at the time of writing to go. If he doesn't turn up today I'll be very angry as I've had to take half a day off work and as a freelancer this has cost me real money. If I had been out BT would have charged me for a missed visit. Will BT compensate me if I have to rearrange because they haven't turned up and I have to take more (unpaid) time off work?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 15-Oct-12 17:38:42
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity installation today (hopefully)

[re: sjr] [link to this post]

Ring BT and ask if he's coming.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Oct-12 17:50:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Livid doesn't begin to describe it. I've looked online and the order tracking website is now saying it will be installed on Friday 02 November! This is despite BT sending me an email on Saturday confirming the appointment today, and I haven't heard anything since then to say it is being postponed. Not happy. Currently waiting to get through on the phone to an advisor.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 15-Oct-12 17:51:29
Print Post

[re: sjr] [link to this post]

Ask for a Saturday appointment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Oct-12 18:01:49
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Well I finally managed to get through to BT, and he said that they wouldn't know that the appointment had been put back until I phoned up to complain! He has put in a request for an appointment this Saturday but won't be able to confirm that for 24 hours. I'm going to take this higher up in BT as I'm livid. This appointment has been arranged for about 3 weeks and it has cost me a lot of money in lost wages to have this afternoon off, and all they can do is offer £10 compensation for the missed appointment. Well whoop de doo.
  Print Thread

Jump to