General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User baigrieja
(newbie) Mon 15-Oct-12 23:01:22
Print Post

FTTC Dunfermline

[link to this post]

Can anyone help with an availability date, month or even year in Dunfermline (KY11 8GX)?

The exchange was upgraded some time ago and according to the FTTC check, I am on cabinet P91. Openreach were working on the new cabinet some time ago and placed a nice "Fibre Broadband is now here" sticker on the outside of it.

Can someone also explain the meaning of a negative figure in the uplift column?

http://fttc-check.alc.im/results.php?postcode=ky118gx
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 16-Oct-12 08:05:55
Print Post

Re: FTTC Dunfermline

[re: baigrieja] [link to this post]

it apprears cab stickered in advance of going live canb not due to go live until march 2013
Standard User mikecrawford80
(member) Tue 16-Oct-12 11:37:45
Print Post

Dunfermline is being done in several phases.

Phase 1 was done a couple of years ago, it included the PCP on Aberdour Road (at the junction of Beauly Crescent).

Phase 2 was a few PCP's that should have been done in Phase 1 but didn't get done for some reason (PCP 92 (just up from the Aberdour Road / Greenshank Drive / Dover Way roundabout) was done earlier this year with a small FTTC cabinet).

Phase 3 seems to be starting now. A lot of the PCP's in the area have spray paint markings close by now for the location of the new cabinet as well as power spray markings.

Have you only tried your postcode? Does your phone number in the BT Wholesale Checker give you any indication?

If you are on PCP 91, it may be the one on Sandpiper Drive just off the Aberdour Road roundabout, if you can go take a look for any white spray markings near the PCP, then at least you'll know it's work in progress.

Plusnet Extra Fibre (with PRO add-on)
My Broadband Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baigrieja
(newbie) Tue 16-Oct-12 11:42:41
Print Post

[re: mikecrawford80] [link to this post]

That's really odd as my street runs off Beauly Crescent and that is the cabinet I was referring to. The houses on the other side of Aberdour Road appear to be connected to Inverkeithing exchange (as my friend lives over there and already has Infinity), I had assumed that Beauly Crescent and Dornoch Place were on the cabinet you refer to.

If indeed I am connected to the cabinet on Sandpiper Drive, I will need to check if any work has been done on that area.

I changed my line rental to Sky a few months ago, but up until that point the BT checker advised that Fibre wasn't available when using my number. Now I have changed from BT, only my postcode works.
Standard User mikecrawford80
(member) Tue 16-Oct-12 13:20:34
Print Post

The PCP next to your street was probably put there for the premises across the road.

The Middlebank Rise KY11 8LG postcode check has them as on PCP104, on Dunfermline.

The Middlebank Rise KY11 8LH postcode check has them split 60/40 on PCP104 (Dunfermline) or PCP11 (Inverkeithing).

I suspect that you are PCP91, which if confirmed as the one on Sandpiper Drive, it does not have an FTTC cabinet yet, but the magic paint may be there.

What does the Sky checker say for you? You can get Sky Fibre from the Dunfermline exchange, so if you get an FTTC cab, then there should be nothing to stop you.

Plusnet Extra Fibre (with PRO add-on)
My Broadband Ping
Standard User baigrieja
(newbie) Tue 16-Oct-12 13:34:43
Print Post

[re: mikecrawford80] [link to this post]

Sky checker only offers the standard ADSL I have at present. I know others have Sky Fibre from ESDUF, so looks like I'm going to be looking for some magic paint on Sandpiper Drive.

Might wait until the rain stops then take the dog for a walk!
Standard User Bigmonty
(newbie) Wed 28-Nov-12 07:04:34
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

It appears that they put a fibre cabinet in on Greenshanks Drive yesterday and on the Roadworks Scotland website it looks like the cabinet next to Tescos is getting done at the end of December.

When I sent an e-mail to Openreach a few weeks ago I was told the end of March 13, looks like that will be a fair estimate for Duloch - about time.
Standard User Bigmonty
(newbie) Fri 19-Apr-13 14:29:10
Print Post

[re: Bigmonty] [link to this post]

Incase anybody still follows this thread. Fibre is now available to order for the new cabinets they have been putting up in Duloch.

I have my Sky install booked for 2/5.
  Print Thread

Jump to