General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 16-Oct-12 16:51:00
Print Post

FTTC Cabinet Status

[link to this post]

HI all,

I wondered if there is an update to the Google Fusion Cabinet roll out table that appeared last year (and is titled December 2012 though I had always assumed that was 2011)

Basically my exchange has just been enabled however my cabinet was always marked as not being upgraded on the above plan. However a few months back they closed the road and basically what looked like installed some form of trunking or something from the area of the exchange all the way along the road to the cabinet I am on (about a mile down a country road between two villages).You can follow the tarmac "snake" which is about 8-10 inches wide right to the cabinet. Therefore I was sort of hoping that possibly they had changed their mind and this was due to them looking at upgrading the cabinet after all.

Possibly I am living in dream land and the ground works are nothing to do with FTTC and are for something else in the cabinet but it would be great to hear opinions on here from anyone with a bit more infromation.

Thanks,

Shane
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 16-Oct-12 20:19:47
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabinet Status

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Nobody else has reported the Fusion Table as saying 2012? But unless it has been revised, it was good in a way as it was the first online checker, but it omitted EO lines and has/had some other short-coming I forget.

Re updates, there have been at least three. The latest I know of is July 2012. None of the updates were leaked - the leaker has obviously been identified and lost access.

I'm afraid FTTC does not, of itself, entail any long-distance groundworks to the PCP. Only between the fibre cabinet location and the PCP. PCP cabinets are connected to the exchange by copper. It could just be ( frown ) that the copper needed replacement.

See also a PM I am about to send you. I can't PM you, because you aren't registered. However, the PM would have contained a suggestion of someone who might have been able to help you a little.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.4/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 16-Oct-12 20:22:16)

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 17-Oct-12 00:48:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Their is proably a 4th update with the latest announcement of exchanges, would be nice to have the latest one leaked or even one this year, just to see if their has been much changes.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Wed 17-Oct-12 07:10:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Nobody else has reported the Fusion Table as saying 2012? But unless it has been revised, it was good in a way as it was the first online checker, but it omitted EO lines and has/had some other short-coming I forget.

There's always be one that was mis-titled https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi... , and I'm sure it's going to cause some confusion come December.....

Edited by R0NSKI (Wed 17-Oct-12 07:11:00)

Standard User craigsilva
(newbie) Wed 17-Oct-12 07:41:14
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabinet Status *DELETED*

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford

Edited by craigsilva (Wed 17-Oct-12 07:42:21)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 17-Oct-12 13:18:59
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabinet Status *DELETED*

[re: craigsilva] [link to this post]

Advertising is not permitted.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to