General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dufc001
(newbie) Fri 19-Oct-12 00:21:27
Print Post

FTTC - Dundee Fairmuir

[link to this post]

This may not be an easy question to answer but i'll go for it.

My local DSLAM cabinet was installed about 6 weeks ago, there has been lots of Openreach activity in the area and the Scottish Roadwork site shows more work to take place on the cabinet between the 19th and 28th of November - We are currently showing as being FTTC enabled by the 31st of December - does this sound doable considering they will still be working on the DSLAM at the end of November?

Thanks in advance.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 19-Oct-12 00:54:15
Print Post

Re: FTTC - Dundee Fairmuir

[re: dufc001] [link to this post]

Yes, but don't set your heart on it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.4/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Oct-12 18:12:25
Print Post

Re: FTTC - Dundee Fairmuir

[re: dufc001] [link to this post]

Saw new cabinets appearing in Dundee 3-4 weeks ago which were served from the fairmuir exchange. I have just checked one of the numbers and the BT wholesale checker sais it will be available for the end of Dec 2012..

If I wanted FTTC there then I would expect to get it end of Dec. On my exchange they did the cabinet, left it for a while, then did the power, linking to the other cabinet and then came back 2-3 more times until the cabinet was then 'running'. It was then about a week before the service showed up as orderable from the bt wholesale checker and then the ISP web site.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to