General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 23-Oct-12 14:10:39
Print Post

Who offers FTTP?

[link to this post]

Hi everyone

parts of our exchange (EAMAD) have been released for FTTP, but there doesnt seem to be a huge range of ISP's to offer it. In fact we can only find 1. BT

are there any others at all, or is everyone 'trialing' it with a handful of existing customers at very few exchanges

Thanks

GunSmoke
Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Tue 23-Oct-12 14:18:52
Print Post

Re: Who offers FTTP?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Zen.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 23-Oct-12 14:44:42
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

Zen say they are trialling too

Anyone offering something that isnt a trial?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 23-Oct-12 14:59:36
Print Post

Why not just go with BT and check again at the end of the contract.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 23-Oct-12 15:12:26
Print Post

http://aaisp.net.uk/broadband-FP.html

May tend to be pricey.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Oct-12 15:14:31
Print Post

PlusNet are/were offering the trial too.

Why don't you want to be part of the trial? The major bonus is free install for all trialists and no long contracts.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 23-Oct-12 15:38:17
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Its not available to me at the moment, my PON isnt live.
I'm also with Plusnet & I'm sussing out their trial.

Some friends who are able to get FTTP have been asking as the customer service from BT does not appeal to them. They are not with BT & their ISP doesn't seem to be doing trials.

Signing up with an ISP just to go on a trial is going to be a hard sell to people who dont want to 'trial' they just want fast BB

Thanks for the suggestions & comments though
Standard User bgriffiths
(member) Tue 23-Oct-12 16:43:49
Print Post

I'm on EAMAD too - do I know you?

Anything other than BT / Plusnet is going to cost some serious money. I have prices from my current ISP, I didn't ask if it was "trial" and they didn't say.

Decisions, decisions frown Do i stay put (expensive but excellent), move to PlusNet now and then get onto their trial (will their trial ever end??), or sign up to BT as soon as computer say "yes"?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Oct-12 18:20:52
Print Post

Some friends who are able to get FTTP have been asking as the customer service from BT does not appeal to them.

There should be no need to contact them once it's installed. You'll get whichever speed you purchase, no probs, and that will be that.

Standard User izools
(experienced) Tue 23-Oct-12 18:58:29
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Some friends who are able to get FTTP have been asking as the customer service from BT does not appeal to them.

There should be no need to contact them once it's installed. You'll get whichever speed you purchase, no probs, and that will be that.

This is a very good point. With ADSL support is paramount with the plethora of problems that can occur and the complicated nature of troubleshooting said problems when delivering modern internet speeds over a century old copper phone network.

FTTP isn't going to need support. Connected, works. End.

I have personally used BT's FTTC "Infinity 2" package and had cause only to call them once in the ten months I had it and they truthfully and accurately answered my question no problem. Never had any faults or cause to open a support ticket.

I fully expect FTTP to be the same and will have no compunction in using BT Retail again once Openreach make all the FTTP they've laid round here live smile

Jump to