General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dm1983
(member) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:14:00
Print Post

Exchange status "Accepting Orders"

[link to this post]

Just checked my postcode on the openreach superfast fibre broadband checker and my exchange now shows a status of "accepting orders".

Can anyone tell me what this means as the BT Infinity website is still showing a date of 31st December for the exchange.
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:18:13
Print Post

Re: Exchange status "Accepting Orders"

[re: dm1983] [link to this post]

It does not mean a lot really. It just means the Exchange has FTTC available. They may or may not have upgraded the Cabinet you are on. Best bet is to try an ISP but it can be hit and miss as to how fast they update their databases it can take a wek or two.

Unfortuatly there is no real single source of accurate information
Standard User AndrewUK
(committed) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:18:53
Print Post

It means that 1 or more of the FTTC cabs on that exchange have gone live (not necessarily the one you're connected too)

--
Andrew

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:22:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by dm1983:
Can anyone tell me what this means as the BT Infinity website is still showing a date of 31st December for the exchange.
This means that one or more cabs are now "live" and users connected to those cabs should now be able to place orders. Other cabs, but not necessarily all, will in due course be completed and those connected to those cabs will then also be able to order FTTC.

That an exchange is "accepting orders" does not mean that all users connected to that exchange are able to orders FTTC the determining factor being whether their line is EO (currently EO lines cannot get FTTC) or via a cab and whether the cab has had an FTTC twin.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:25:01
Print Post

The best checker for particular lines is usually this one. If you have LLU phone rental, use the Address option, not the pure postcode.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.4/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User dm1983
(member) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:26:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The best checker for particular lines is usually this one. If you have LLU phone rental, use the Address option, not the pure postcode.

That gives this:

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 66.3 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:39:26
Print Post

Was that using your phone number? If so, just keep checking it regularly. Sometimes it shows availability earlier than the Infinity checker does. Don't pin your hopes to 31 December though. Quarter end dates like that often go out to the next quarter during the last week. And again, and again ....

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.4/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User dm1983
(member) Wed 24-Oct-12 13:42:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Was that using your phone number? If so, just keep checking it regularly. Sometimes it shows availability earlier than the Infinity checker does. Don't pin your hopes to 31 December though. Quarter end dates like that often go out to the next quarter during the last week. And again, and again ....

No, that was using full address.

I know it changed from 30 Sept to 31 Dec just before 30 Sept.
Standard User kitcat
(member) Wed 24-Oct-12 15:03:24
Print Post

dm

That means that Openreach have enabled the exchange. This tells all the ISP that service is available but they still have to provide their own backhaul links.

For a LLU player this means physical connections. For BTWholesale this means a logical pipe from the Head end to a B-RAS somewhere, that they then supply logical service to BTRetail and others.

Neither can order until Openreach says so, so neither will update their sites until they have an agrred delivery date for the circuit. It is usually up to a week after Openreach announce the exchange is available before the checker start to show at a retail level. ( Sky, TalkTalk, resellers and BTRetail) BTWholesale will be before BTRetail as they supply Retail.

Edited by kitcat (Wed 24-Oct-12 15:05:31)

Print Thread

Jump to