General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Nov-12 16:52:01
Print Post

FTTC what happens if the line seriously underperforms ?

[link to this post]

I ask this question because currently to my knowledge there are no short term contracts available for FTTC services, most are 12mths at least

To ask a hypothetical question , if following a FTTC install the customer finds that the sync speed is the same or less than they had via ADSL2+ ?

As openreach like to make it quite clear that they do not guarantee bb speeds over the copper wires, it could well be seem that the unlucky customer would be stuck in a situation of tolerating a sham of a service and paying more for it, or having to pay any remainder of unused contract term , And this scenario could include customers who are within a reasonable distance say 100-300mtrs range

Or is there some onus on openreach to treat such instances as faults,and try and find/fix them?

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 03-Nov-12 17:51:05
Print Post

Re: FTTC what happens if the line seriously underperforms ?

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

If your Infinity speed is less than half your estimate, Openreach will send an engineer to fix it. If they fail and your speed remains at less than half the estimate, I'm sure BT will let you cancel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Sun 04-Nov-12 01:07:23
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I hope your not talking about your own line (in your sig) of 16mbit.

I would love to swap with you, here, take my 2mbit line!

You could be in a far worse position, than your current one.

My Broadband Speed Test
60db Attenuation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sun 04-Nov-12 08:43:15
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

You are right, he could be, but why accept a sub standard speed when he should be getting more? If you was next to the exchange, would you be happy with 2 meg, I think not!

I'm in the same boat, my neighbour gets speed test of around 55 meg, I now get speed tests of around 38, which is still very good speed but should I accept it? I'm only about 450 meters from the cabinet so should get far more, like my neighbour who's on the same cabinet.

The speed test in my signature was done before it dropped to current speeds.

Edit: Just done another speed test My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 04-Nov-12 08:47:13)

Print Thread

Jump to