General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User silverfox
(newbie) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:05:31
Print Post

Engineer Visit

[link to this post]

Was checking my order for Infinity and I have been told (Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange.) is this right our do I still need to take time off my work.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:15:53
Print Post

Re: Engineer Visit

[re: silverfox] [link to this post]

FTTC requires the delivery of the modem to you and its installation, so unless a migration they need to come into the home.

FTTP requires two visits - first will install the external fibre termination, which can be done without coming into property. Second visit runs a short bit of fibre indoors to where the fibre modem is located.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:21:13
Print Post

Sounds like they are going to sort the phone line out first and then re-order Infinity. Are you moving your phone line from another supplier?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User silverfox
(newbie) Sun 04-Nov-12 13:07:07
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No I am with BT, delivery of the modem on 13th November and activation is the 15th November.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 04-Nov-12 13:26:58
Print Post

Do you mean "delivery of the modem", or of the HomeHub?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Nov-12 13:34:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by silverfox:
Was checking my order for Infinity and I have been told (Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange.) is this right our do I still need to take time off my work.

Were you already with BT for phone service before ordering? If so you get two confusing emails - this one means they don't need to visit to set up your telephone service.

An Openreach engineer will still attend for your Infinity internet.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Standard User silverfox
(newbie) Sun 04-Nov-12 13:42:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It says Home Hub 3
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 04-Nov-12 14:54:01
Print Post

As jchamier says, there will be an engineer visit to deliver and install the modem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Nov-12 15:29:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by silverfox:
It says Home Hub 3

Your HomeHub 3 will be delivered about 3 days before by post/courier. The Openreach engineer brings the modem and sets it all up for you on the date you chose.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
  Print Thread

Jump to