General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dibdab
(experienced) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:25:52
Print Post

Engineer unable to access cabinet

[link to this post]

I had an installation booked for this afternoon, engineer called this morning to visit this morning but he was unable to access the cabinet as it was double locked apparently. Anyone know how long i'll have to wait for OR to visit. The guy that came was a contractor.

---------

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/1...

Eclipse/F2S/Zen/IDnet/O2/ Plusnet//Sky Unlimited
Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:31:40
Print Post

Re: Engineer unable to access cabinet

[re: dibdab] [link to this post]

Some cabinets have an additional security lock - usually fitted in areas where there have been cabinate break ins...

Local engineers/coaches/managers carry the keys - normally would the engineer would have made contact with whoever runs that patch but contractors may work to different rules.

I guess thats the downside to engineers working out of area... in any case Openreach control should be looking to re-allocate your job to another engineer so hopefully today since you have an appointment.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:32:30
Print Post

The guy that came was a contractor.
?Doing an installation?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dibdab
(experienced) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:38:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes he wasn't bt open reach and he mentioned not getting paid.

---------

Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:39:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by dibdab:
I had an installation booked for this afternoon, engineer called this morning to visit this morning but he was unable to access the cabinet as it was double locked apparently. Anyone know how long i'll have to wait for OR to visit. The guy that came was a contractor.

Sounds like Kelly Communications. If so, they are worse than useless and I would not be surprised if his reasons were nonsense.

They been walking away from all our recent installs (FTTC, WLR etc), making claims they can't do things. The past 60 days, only 1 install has gone as planned with Kellys and that was after the customer begged for it to be installed (she been waiting 6 weeks for phone install).

Pinch of salt comes to mind!

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
(free activation or migration + 2 months free)
Standard User dibdab
(experienced) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:43:17
Print Post

[re: FRS_Plunderer] [link to this post]

Just got off the phone with sky and she has contacted openreach and said that they will open the cabinet for him today.

Here's hoping.

I was unaware that they had contractors working for them, as i was hoping to be one of the lucky ones who got the drop wire changed as it's all really old and my connection has never been that stable, but i knew that was a long shot anyway.

---------

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:47:25
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aquiss:

Sounds like Kelly Communications. If so, they are worse than useless and I would not be surprised if his reasons were nonsense.

They been walking away from all our recent installs (FTTC, WLR etc), making claims they can't do things. The past 60 days, only 1 install has gone as planned with Kellys and that was after the customer begged for it to be installed (she been waiting 6 weeks for phone install).

whats the % of installs done via kelly's vs openreach staff?

This I found alarming as already I am aware of long waits for installs but if waiting weeks only for it to be cancelled I would be fuming.

Seems like openreach need a massive recruit drive.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 05-Nov-12 11:07:05
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
Seems like openreach need a massive recruit drive.
You been training as an ostrich ? tongue smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User dibdab
(experienced) Mon 05-Nov-12 11:23:08
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aquiss:

Hi, it wasn't kelly communications, the name escapes me now though. I guess this is the downside to having lots of work, having to get contractors in for some of it as the customers will get a varied installation. He seemed reluctant to put a data extention under the stairs for me so i can finally hid all the kit away, it's a couple of metres away from the master socket so not a big job really.

---------

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 05-Nov-12 12:03:13
Print Post

If the ISP has ordered it, which most do, (just in case), then he has to install it on request.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to