General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NickRog1
(newbie) Tue 06-Nov-12 13:15:18
Print Post

Seaford CAB

[link to this post]

My local cabinet, situated in Churchill Road, Seaford is now powered up (humming). Is there a standard time between the cabinet being enabled and fibre broadband being offered? I'm with Sky. It's indicating by the end of December on the BT Infinity site. Does that sound about right or is it often quicker/
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Nov-12 13:21:31
Print Post

Re: Seaford CAB

[re: NickRog1] [link to this post]

End of December is a place holder date, so it is just a case of checking every week or so with the provider of your choice.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Nov-12 00:00:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

And if the choice is Sky does he need to check BT Wholesale based ones as well, in case Sky aren't greaing up early at Seaford?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User timl
(member) Fri 09-Nov-12 13:09:06
Print Post

You're probably on the same CAB in Seaford as me. Checked the wholesale checker yesterday and had the December placeholder then checked it this morning and it went live. I'd registered with three ISP's for FTTC but so far not one has contacted me by email so just went ahead and placed the order with Plusnet.

Be 4.4Mb on 62db!
Standard User NickRog1
(newbie) Sat 10-Nov-12 15:14:38
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

Many thanks, neighbour. I checked the availability on Sky's site today and it allowed me to order. Installation due 7/12 with a new Sky Hub. They're predicting 38 meg. Woohoo!
Standard User timl
(member) Sun 11-Nov-12 09:49:14
Print Post

I expect that's going to be about 10 times faster than what we both have at the moment?

Be 4.4Mb on 62db!
Standard User NickRog1
(newbie) Mon 12-Nov-12 13:44:47
Print Post

Actually, if we get that, it will be about 38 times faster as we're hovering around the 1 Meg mark in poor old Katherine Way!
Standard User NickRog1
(newbie) Fri 07-Dec-12 23:21:24
Print Post

So, I took the day off work today ready for the installation between 8 am and 12. The guy turned up at 8.30. He was a sub contractor for OpenReach. Having visited the cabinet, he returned to tell me that he could not gain access to it as it was locked and only OpenReach engineers have the keys. It truly beggars belief! I now have no fibre and no return date. Why, oh why do OpenReach subcontract and then send someone who doesn't have access to the right keys? Terribly poor. I'm now having to try to get it done via Sky, who refer to OpenReach who refer to the engineer. Nobody takes responsibility. And the guy expected sympathy as he wouldn't be paid. Incompetence of the first order. Sigh.
Standard User timl
(member) Sat 08-Dec-12 08:28:52
Print Post

The same thing happened to me too. It's not uncommon but *very* annoying. If you can get a proper BT engineer they are absolutely fantastic and they also have keys!

engineer-unable-to-access-cabinet.html

Thanks
Tim

Plusnet FTTC 80/20
Standard User iwish
(committed) Sat 08-Dec-12 14:50:13
Print Post

Do they really need access to the fibre cabinet. It was my understanding it was done in the PCB to connect you to the fibre cabinet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to