General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dparr59
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 19:24:34
Print Post

WMDC funding fibre broadband

[link to this post]

Emailed open reached about fibre about got the following reply:

Hi
i live in Knottingley West Yorkshire postcode WF11 most of Knottingley have fibre Broadband but my street does not.

Thank you for your interest in our Fibre Broadband project. We are rolling out one of the fastest and largest commercial deployments in the world. Our commercial deployment will have extended to 66% of the UK by the end of December 2014. We aim extend this to 90% of the UK, in partnership with other sources of funding, e.g. local and National government.

The rollout is based on the commercial criteria for each cabinet and number 2' to which you are connected has not met these. This is because the cabinet is unable to provide a return on the Fibre to the Cabinet investment after construction and on-going running costs. Where cabinets are not commercially viable Government funding is available to Borough and County councils to improve fibre coverage and it is worth contacting your Council in relation to this.

and one know how to go about getting funding

thanks david

BE* Unlimited
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 07-Nov-12 00:45:52
Print Post

Re: WMDC funding fibre broadband

[re: dparr59] [link to this post]

The goverment funding for your area is West Yorkshire and Leeds city council, their plan has been submitted to the goverment and was ment to be in procurement in September.

Most likely the contact should be awarded by spring 2013 inline with most other CC BDUK projects, so likely to see either your cabinet upgraded via West Yorks project or infill by Openreach if they decide to revisit your cabinet.

This can be anywhere from mid 2013 to March 2015 when the West Yorkshire BDUK project will finish or when Openreach does infill on your exchange.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User dparr59
(committed) Wed 07-Nov-12 01:49:03
Print Post

Re: WMDC funding fibre broadband

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Hi thanks for the information fingers crossed

david

BE* Unlimited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to