General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Nov-12 11:38:25
Print Post

no blockage

[link to this post]

openreach just pushed through ducting across road from me and only one more 20m run to goto cabinet. Assuming thats all ok, its now close to been finished?
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Nov-12 12:51:37
Print Post

Re: no blockage

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

would you believe it that last 20 metres does have a blockage they couldnt overcome, they have gone now.

But that isnt my cabinet, mine is actually further away, the same guys told me my cabinet was ok.
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Nov-12 18:28:59
Print Post

Re: no blockage

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

just to confirm it is my cabinet I did some checks of different properties on my road using the speed estimation to determine cabinet location.

so at my address it estimates 65.9meg down and 20meg up.

at a address 25 buildings away past a bridge it plummets to 36meg down and just 6mbit up. estimated distance from me approx 200-250 metres.

here is where it gets odd, if I check an address on top of what is supposed to be my cabinet, the checker doesnt mention FTTC at all, same exchange just no FTTC mentioned.

Go a bit nearer to me but still nearer to the cabinet that is supposed to be mine and its 48.8mbit down and 10.9 up, the distance isnt that far so is some serious loop loss on short distance there. So it does seem my cabinet is the one across the road from me, this is a brand new cabinet, they put a new copper cabinet there also, previously was no existing cabinet there at all.

However again gets weird, if I go the same direction as the 48.8mbit but choose a property across the road its rated as 72mbit down and 20mbit up.

So based on that last check it would indicate some weird line routing going down one side of the road, crossing at the end maybe and then going back on the other side.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to