General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Nov-12 09:06:59
Print Post

What's This Street Cabinet

[link to this post]

Ello,

Curious as to a street cabinet that's just appeared.

A new supermarket is being built and road layout has been changed to take account of it with the result that BT have had some street works to do.

This new cabinet has appeared at the same time. Now there is a PCP which has been unaffected by the street works and is about 100m down the road, there's another PCP 300m down the road, so it's a struggle to see that BT would go to the pain of building a new one and doing the connections for it.

My thought is that it holds the goodness for the new supermarket, or that, given there is new build housing being built, the new cabinet is both to service the supermarket's needs and to take the new connections from the new place.

Which seems most likely please lords and gurus of telecomms?

It seems really way too big to be necessary as a PCP, the new build that's left to do is a matter of dozens rather than hundreds of homes.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Nov-12 09:14:56
Print Post

Re: What's This Street Cabinet

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

It's a normal PCP. See my pics - middle of the top row.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Nov-12 09:29:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It's a normal PCP. See my pics - middle of the top row.

Thanks but I have looked at your website previously.

A cabinet is just a shell, hence the other description of how it sprang to life to offer some background.

I've been told previously that moving lines from one PCP to another is a painful and time consuming process and that the existing PCP close by has few lines on it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Nov-12 09:41:38
Print Post

The reasons for it are impenetrable from the facts supplied, but the Subject is a specific question smile. I was merely confirming it is nothing more than a PCP, partly for the benefit of others who may not recognise it.

As you will know, it is a full size one, not a half size. So seems unlikely to be just for the supermarket and the new build.

Unless someone comes up with some additional information, discussion is going to get nowhere, frustrating though that will be. I agree it seems odd.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 09-Nov-12 09:44:10)

Standard User partial
(regular) Fri 09-Nov-12 13:05:27
Print Post

It's a "Cabinet Cross Connection 6" Manufactured by Eurocraft Enclosures, has maximum high density capacity of 1200 e and d sides and up to 5 duct entries.

Apart from that, dunno.

Edited by partial (Fri 09-Nov-12 13:14:43)

(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Nov-12 13:26:36
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
It's a "Cabinet Cross Connection 6" Manufactured by Eurocraft Enclosures, has maximum high density capacity of 1200 e and d sides and up to 5 duct entries.

Apart from that, dunno.

Thanks muchly smile
  Print Thread

Jump to