General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 10-Nov-12 14:43:38
Print Post

Brixham

[link to this post]

A few months ago, Brixham was put on the list for 2013 FTTC rollout. This morning, walking back from town, I spotted a new FTTC cab (the smaller type) had been installed near PCP 1. Looking at the checkers, nothing is mentioned for addresses close to that cabinet. The Superfast site still has us listed as a Future Exchange. Pretty pleased even if, as I suspect, we're on an exchange line.
Standard User Skilty
(newbie) Mon 03-Dec-12 13:05:04
Print Post

Re: Brixham

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

New cabinet was being installed in Summer Lane when I drove past last week on the way to Torquay. Now all I need is one installed on the corner of Milton Street and Southdown Hill smile
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Dec-12 19:07:19
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Yep, they're still busy with it (drove past on the weekend).

So far cab 1 looks complete with cabs 2 & 10 (pretty sure Summer Lane is 10) currently being installed. 1 is on the corner of New road and Holwell and 2 is on the corner of New road & Market street.

What's the cab number at Milton & Southdown?

Edit: Found it, it's 21. Tricky to get a cab in near there though, unless its placed on the corner of Southdown & Upton Manor.

Edited by Spasch (Mon 03-Dec-12 19:29:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Dec-12 13:06:25
Print Post

It seems cabs 15 (Castor Road) and 18 (Barnfield Road) are currently being installed. I'll try and confirm this weekend.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Dec-12 10:06:01
Print Post

Cab 18 was delayed, now scheduled to start today.

Exchange has now moved from Future Exchange to Coming Soon with a target date of June 2013
Standard User jimbobaggies
(experienced) Sun 23-Dec-12 09:15:22
Print Post

I was looking on the Torbay planning website and notice that Cudhill near to me had planning permission for FTTC cab, where are you getting the information on what cabs have been done / are getting done?

The superfast website link just says June 2013.

Labor Omnia Vincit

O2 Home Premium -- TX Sync = 19Mbps 16.6Mbps / RX Sync = 1.3Mbps

Edited by jimbobaggies (Sun 23-Dec-12 09:16:25)

Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Dec-12 16:36:13
Print Post

[re: jimbobaggies] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jimbobaggies:
I was looking on the Torbay planning website and notice that Cudhill near to me had planning permission for FTTC cab, where are you getting the information on what cabs have been done / are getting done?

The superfast website link just says June 2013.
Is that cab 8 - if so, it's been installed. I drove past it earlier this afternoon.

I use the Roadworks.org site - there is very little forward planning for the cabs as the disruption appears to be very minimal, so it's just checking that site every day or two to see when the telephone icon appears. The info normally shows if its NGA related work.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Mar-13 19:39:17
Print Post

Been very quiet lately, but some works on the roadworks site:

CAB 21 on Southdown Hill looks to be getting it's install (planned from way back):
Install 1m of 1 way poly duct in Carriageway,Install 2m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Install 2m of 1 way power duct in Footway,Performing an 1excavation to expose existing power cable in Footway,Provide 1 Cabinet and base (NGA cabinets)

Fibre works - New Road (from Cudhill to Brixham Road):
Locate and excavate 1 blockage in existing duct,Provide 1 fibre joint in cable,Test 1 existing ducts for spare capacity

Anyone care to confirm the CAB 21 install? I'm only back Friday night so I'll have a look on the weekend if not.
Standard User Skilty
(newbie) Mon 04-Mar-13 22:00:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spasch:
Been very quiet lately, but some works on the roadworks site:

CAB 21 on Southdown Hill looks to be getting it's install (planned from way back):
Install 1m of 1 way poly duct in Carriageway,Install 2m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Install 2m of 1 way power duct in Footway,Performing an 1excavation to expose existing power cable in Footway,Provide 1 Cabinet and base (NGA cabinets)

Fibre works - New Road (from Cudhill to Brixham Road):
Locate and excavate 1 blockage in existing duct,Provide 1 fibre joint in cable,Test 1 existing ducts for spare capacity

Anyone care to confirm the CAB 21 install? I'm only back Friday night so I'll have a look on the weekend if not.

Yes CAB 21 is getting a fibre cabinet install over two days, today and tomorrow. 41 metres of polyduct. Road is closed, my wife is complaining as she has drive down southdown avenue smile
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Mar-13 22:04:18
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Excellent news (not for your wife, but there you go). smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to