General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Pswinny
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 02:53:28
Print Post

FTTC in Newhaven

[link to this post]

I wonder if anyone can tell me an estimate of when my cabinet P9 at post code BN99TS is going to be enabled. The cabinet has been installed since June 2012, and nothing has taken place since then. Also the exchange was also enabled in June. I have emailed openreach several times and got no reply. Anyone on this forum help?? Cheers Paul
Standard User simon194
(committed) Tue 13-Nov-12 09:41:16
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Newhaven

[re: Pswinny] [link to this post]

I assume you've tried the BT wholesale checker?

I'm in a similar situation having had to move house. The PCP my line is connected to has had the fibre cabinet in place since the middle of July but so far the checker doesn't give a date for FTTC availability. It's been a bit harsh going from 70Mbps down to just over 5Mbps. frown
Standard User Pswinny
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 03:46:40
Print Post

The BT Wholesale checker states the 31st December 2012, but I've had an email from nga openreach stating that the date could be closer to Feb 2013, who do you believe?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 14-Nov-12 04:35:25
Print Post

Openreach, as the 31st of December is just a end quater holding date- your cabinet will slip into the next holding end date which is the 31st of March 2013.

The wholesale checker will change eventually once the cabinet is ready- to accepting orders for FTTC which should be around February.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Wed 14-Nov-12 04:36:28)

Print Thread

Jump to