General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User garethr
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 14:34:45
Print Post

FTTC cab in conservation area reject due to visual impact!

[link to this post]

Has anyone had any luck getting a FTTC DSLAM planning application amended to move the cab due to objections on conservation grounds?

Is this wishful thinking or has it been done?

Regards,

Gareth
Standard User don0301
(regular) Thu 15-Nov-12 15:16:03
Print Post

Re: FTTC cab in conservation area reject due to visual impac

[re: garethr] [link to this post]

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4175128-re-...

I'm going through this at the moment....

As of now the new site proposal has been with Morrison Utility for a month now

They are not responding to my request of an update

Nor is my contact in BT responding either

Been over a year now since the original planning application

*grrr*
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Thu 15-Nov-12 16:06:38
Print Post

[re: don0301] [link to this post]

Any information with reagrd toplanning applications should be made to BT or if the planning application has gone into the local council you should be able to track it on there. You could also contact the relevent planning officer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User garethr
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 16:21:01
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

This hasn't yet gone to the planning committee and the consultation period is still open.

We are in direct contact with both the senior planning officer and the surveyor within the contractor that is requesting the planning permission.

The contractor is trying to sort it out as they seem keen to get the cab in - so being vey supportive but they already told us that if movement required wayleave then they will have to withdraw the application and OR will bin it.

So from the comment it the application is rejected that'll be it.

Regards,

Gareth
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Thu 15-Nov-12 16:36:26
Print Post

[re: garethr] [link to this post]

The application realy has nothing to do withthe Contractor . They act as sub contracvtors to BT but the planning application will be made by BT and they are responsible for the application. It it requires wayleave it must be crossing private land and if thats the case can get expensive and slow. The best bet is if the could find a way of avoiding crossing private land
Standard User don0301
(regular) Thu 15-Nov-12 17:18:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bob_s2:
The application realy has nothing to do withthe Contractor . They act as sub contracvtors to BT but the planning application will be made by BT and they are responsible for the application. It it requires wayleave it must be crossing private land and if thats the case can get expensive and slow. The best bet is if the could find a way of avoiding crossing private land

That is not correct.

At least in my case, Morrisons Utility submitted the 2 failed previous planning applications, and will be submitting (I hope!) this final planning application that in principal the new site has been agreed by my council.

I understand Morrisons are doing many planning applications on behalf of BT, but do not know which areas they cover.
Standard User don0301
(regular) Thu 15-Nov-12 17:25:03
Print Post

To the OP

the planning application should not go to full planning committee if its only on conservation area grounds, it only requires prior approval.

also, be aware that the Government is in consultation with a view to remove this requirement from next spring.

if you look through my thread you will find the relevant information, you should make your council aware of this, which they should be by now anyway.

good luck, I've been going at this since July....

Edited by don0301 (Thu 15-Nov-12 17:28:10)

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Thu 15-Nov-12 17:37:43
Print Post

I think you are misunderstaning the propsal. AAlthough full planning permission will not be required the applications still need to go thre council
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Thu 15-Nov-12 17:40:03
Print Post

Morrisons utilities may submit them but they are submitting them on behalf of BT and BT is the official applicant of the planning permission. Morrisions can do nothing on their own bat. If an application gets rejected it goes back to BT whon have to decide what to do
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Nov-12 18:33:52
Print Post

I suspect Morrisons have a set of criteria which means they just dump applications based on certain criteria, rather than having to keep going back and forth constantly.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to