General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Mon 19-Nov-12 12:09:17
Print Post

FTTC Rollout Still Falling Behind

[link to this post]

BT have managed to date to deliver only 30 of the exchandes on the December 2012 rollout schedule. This in spit of being almost 2 months in and with December being a short month. IT still looks as if it will only deliver about 60 of those 193 exchanges well short of the target. They also appear to be enabling few cabinits at the go live date to reach even this low figure.
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:09:21
Print Post

Re: FTTC Rollout Still Falling Behind

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bob_s2:
BT have managed to date to deliver only 30 of the exchandes on the December 2012 rollout schedule. This in spit of being almost 2 months in and with December being a short month. IT still looks as if it will only deliver about 60 of those 193 exchanges well short of the target. They also appear to be enabling few cabinits at the go live date to reach even this low figure.
Exchanges aren't the important number, it's cabinets that matter and how many of those have been put in service in the last seven weeks.
Standard User aavid60
(learned) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:36:54
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Here in Widnes the exchange went live the second week of September this year.
Having done some research very few cabs have gone live. On the website there have now appeared drop pins on most all installed FTTC cabs not live telling us about a delay. The usual points, Planning probs, power probs, blocked ducts. But these cabs are in place and have power. . We must have the most blocked ducts in the country. My cab has been in place now some 4 months, powered but again no fibre so i am told. Please can some one tell me the logic of the cost of installing cabs and not finishing the job.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:46:18
Print Post

[re: aavid60] [link to this post]

If a duct is blocked then it can be a case of waiting for the window of time when they can dig up that area to clear blockage.

Putting cabinets in place and powered is done because the teams doing it were available to do it then, they will now be elsewhere.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:49:33
Print Post

[re: aavid60] [link to this post]

Different teams work on different parts of the rollout, they work over quite a large area so while progress may slow in one part the teams are elsewhere moving forward.

Their is a large amount of exchanges being enabled in your area, as Widnes has only just gone live many cabinets come live after the exchange and first cabinet has gone live- it will take time but the job will be completed.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User iwish
(committed) Mon 19-Nov-12 17:29:46
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

My cab has power and i watched them blow fibre in my village yet i still have a yellow marker saying about a delay and what could be the cause.
Cant be blocked duct as i watched them blow the fibre then pull cables to the cab. cant be power a s its making a noise. and the last excuse is placement of the cab.. The cab is there so that cant be the reason.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Nov-12 17:31:36
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

have you seen they blow the fibre all the way from the handover node? Only needs one segment to be blocked to cause a delay.

Or they are playing a game so that people have something to complain about.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 19-Nov-12 17:33:27
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

Are any other cabinets on the exchange accepting orders? As it could be the exchange that is the problem- best thing to do is email Openreach and ask them, aside from that just have to wait- alot of people without a cabinet yet.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User iwish
(committed) Mon 19-Nov-12 17:57:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have all the post codes that follow the fibre to the exchange.
Starting from my village all the cabs have this marker the rest on the way back to the exchange dont have markers
I watched them blow fibre in my village and they spend the day doing that.. then a watched them pull big cables from the side of the cabs
then a few days later the yellow pins came up.
Now if there was a block it would be at the start of my village a s we are the only cabs with said markers.
Also BT had to dig up a [censored] load of roads from the exchange to my village from October to September due to blocked ducts.
so am thinking the yellow pin is out of date by a month and is no longer relevant or there is something else wrong that is not listed
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Nov-12 18:51:22
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
In reply to a post by Bob_s2:
Exchanges aren't the important number, it's cabinets that matter and how many of those have been put in service in the last seven weeks.
Well around here, next to no activity, lots of planned work not carried out (some already completed severa months ago)and now a generic BS(pushpin) notice on the Openreach where & when site
There are multiple cabinets providing fibre broadband services to your postcode. There may be an issue with the deployment of these cabinets so please contact us at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk to check the situation for your specific address

Just who do they think the are trying to blag ? although the cabinet placeholder Planned date has as yet not been changed, but i think will be only a matter of time before it does ,

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 19-Nov-12 19:12:44)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to