General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MikeWx
(newbie) Mon 19-Nov-12 15:55:44
Print Post

Cabinet included request for LL127RS

[link to this post]

Can anyone advise if cabinet 51 on Wrexham exchange will be included in the FTTC rollout ? BT Openreach are very active in the area with new FTTC cabinets springing up all around, but this one has no activity yet. The December 2011 spreadsheet did not include it, but it did not include Cab 59 either and that has been installed (but not commissioned yet).
Wrexham exchange has a BT availability of December 2012 so I accept there is still time but it would be nice to know if we are to be included.

Thanks MW
Standard User greedy4
(member) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:12:10
Print Post

Re: Cabinet included request for LL127RS

[re: MikeWx] [link to this post]

I think cab 51 is on the corner of Norfolk road and borras park road, walk down down and have a gander if the fttc cab is there
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:37:27
Print Post

You can contact openereach via this email, add your phone number and address as they will ask for this, it will take between 5-10 days for them to respond due to the amount they recieve.

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

Openreach will say if you cabinet is planned to be enabled in the commerical rollout- the December 31st date is a holding date, the next one is the 31st of March 2013.
The exchange and the first few cabinets will either go live before December or early next year, more cabinets will then go live in the following weeks/months.

Openreach do return to areas where they have not enabled cabinets, to reassess cabinets and either enable them via infill or leave them as they are.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User godedd
(newbie) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:38:42
Print Post

[re: greedy4] [link to this post]

What does the BT checker say for your number? Does it mention FTTC? If you don't have a BT line try the address check.

www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/
Standard User MikeWx
(newbie) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:44:05
Print Post

[re: greedy4] [link to this post]

Cab51 is on the corner of Norfolk Road and Borras Park Road. Alongside it is an old empty shell (cast iron variety). No sign of any FTTC activity as of lunchtime today.

MW
Standard User MikeWx
(newbie) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:48:37
Print Post

[re: godedd] [link to this post]

BT Checker for my number mentions ADSL only with predicted speed of 2 - 5 Mbps - I sync at 4.2 Mbps with speed test results around 3.7Mbps.

Thanks,

MW
Standard User MikeWx
(newbie) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:50:12
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Many thanks - will do and will post response from them

MW
Standard User iwish
(committed) Mon 19-Nov-12 17:23:45
Print Post

From the DSL checker you should see something like this
"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of Something Mbps and upstream line speed of Something Mbps."

If you dont see that then its not a good sign
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Mon 19-Nov-12 19:22:52
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

That is not strictly true, many of our local cabinets were installed in Feb/Mar/April but only started giving speed estimates a few weeks before they went live, which was May onwards. Some are still not live, but they are all now giving speed estimates.

Basically sometimes they give estimates months before, sometimes it's weeks, or anywhere in between.

Standard User MikeWx
(newbie) Sat 24-Nov-12 22:32:56
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I have now received an email response from a named individual with a name@openreach.co.uk address.

The message was a notification stating "Your message was deleted without being read on 22 November 2012 15:34:15 UTC."

I wonder if I should I expect a more helpful response to my question regarding Cab 51 on Wrexham exchange ?

Hmmmm

MikeW
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to