General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chubsta
(member) Wed 21-Nov-12 18:43:06
Print Post

Yellow pin?

[link to this post]

I keep checking for fibre availability, my exchange - folkestone has got a date of december 2012, which slipped from June originally. Now i have a yellow pin on my cabinet - p26 - saying that it is delayed - does this mean it is delayed in temrs of the origional June date, or that it is not going to be up and running at the end of December? The actual cabinet went in months back and there has been plenty of activity around it...
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 21-Nov-12 18:55:12
Print Post

Re: Yellow pin?

[re: chubsta] [link to this post]

Their are 4 holding dates in the year- end of each quater that Openreach use for their rollout, if work is completed before the end date the cabinet will go live, if it is not ready it moves into the next holding slot and so on, your cabinet will go live when it is ready irrespective of the holding dates.

The yellow pins where added by Openreach to give information about delays to certain cabinets, you're cabinet will be ready once all work is complete and testing has finished, then it will go live.

Best to keep checking the wholesale asdl checker with a BT number or if you do not have a BT number use your address and postcode, as this is the most accurate way to know when you cabinet will start accepting orders.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User iwish
(committed) Wed 21-Nov-12 19:23:04
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I got the yellow pin of death and have now been informed via email that my cab might go live for January

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chubsta
(member) Wed 21-Nov-12 19:44:08
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

what triggered the email - did you mail someone to ask about it all?
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Nov-12 20:47:01
Print Post

If you click on the yellow pin, the popup will give you the email address (nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk).
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Nov-12 20:55:32
Print Post

This yellow pin info is somewhat generic and is not 100% accurate !!

This marker shows cabinet: P12
Which is linked to exchange: XXXXXXX
Please note: There are multiple cabinets providing fibre broadband services to your postcode. There may be an issue with the deployment of these cabinets so please contact us at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk to check the situation for your specific address.
The above cab is accepting orders,
It even gives the same output for the PCP/ FTTC cab im connected to, And i can be 100% certain that only 1 FTTC cab will provide FTTC to my post code

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 21-Nov-12 20:59:17)

Standard User vf12vf
(learned) Wed 21-Nov-12 20:58:46
Print Post

my cabinet has the same info, however i checked using the website below and it says that my line is fibre active.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/GR1M1/checke...

other checkers say that the service is not available ????
  Print Thread

Jump to