General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ajackuk
(newbie) Thu 22-Nov-12 10:20:22
Print Post

FTTC And TPON

[link to this post]

My old house (that still trying to sell!) in England is off an exchange that is now taking FTTC orders - the CLEVELEYS exchange.

Tried putting in my address into the openreach checker, and it makes no mention that FTTC is available etc.

Now the estate is less than 10 years old, and had problems getting ADSL at first, as it had TPON delivering phone lines. We waiting a year or two and BT put in a copper overlay and got ADSL in the end, very slow speedbut did get it.

Could this TPON / copper overlay be the reason why not avaialble, or is it as likely that the cabinet in the street has not been done yet?

Postocde - FY5 4FN
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Thu 22-Nov-12 11:25:14
Print Post

Re: FTTC And TPON

[re: ajackuk] [link to this post]

Checked the postcode using this checker fibre checker and the postcode is reckoned to be 13% EO lines (so out of scope for FTTC at present).

So you could be on an EO line or the CAB may not have been enabled yet.

Perhaps the copper overlay may have initially been EO? I assume the TPON has gone now.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 22-Nov-12 11:37:12
Print Post

[re: ajackuk] [link to this post]

The former presence of TPON isn't an issue for FTTC. Your cabinet hasn't been upgraded.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ajackuk
(newbie) Thu 22-Nov-12 11:37:17
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info, very interesting.

I think I am on the street cabinet, as have many many problems with my ADSL over the years that BT tried to fix - at least once they have moved me in the street cabinet to a different area of the board in there, I think they said
  Print Thread

Jump to