General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Thu 22-Nov-12 20:26:57
Print Post

This will make you laugh!

[link to this post]

Just had a TalkTalk rep knock at the door, asking if I'd heard about the upgrades at the exchange, I said yes I'm the guy who mapped the FTTC cabinets, presume that what you mean. He said no ADSL2+ it's better than ADSL.

He hadn't got a clue about FTTC and couldn't believe I had 42meg down, so gave him a quick lecture on how FTTC works and suggested he read up on it!

Talk about behind the times!

PS. ADSL 2+ was enabled here years ago!

Standard User izools
(experienced) Thu 22-Nov-12 21:02:39
Print Post

Re: This will make you laugh!

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
Just had a TalkTalk rep knock at the door, asking if I'd heard about the upgrades at the exchange, I said yes I'm the guy who mapped the FTTC cabinets, presume that what you mean. He said no ADSL2+ it's better than ADSL.

He hadn't got a clue about FTTC and couldn't believe I had 42meg down, so gave him a quick lecture on how FTTC works and suggested he read up on it!

Talk about behind the times!

PS. ADSL 2+ was enabled here years ago!

Did that really come as any surprise to you whatsoever?

(experienced) Thu 22-Nov-12 21:03:33
Print Post

[re: izools] [link to this post]

Errr, no!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(committed) Thu 22-Nov-12 22:48:45
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I had a similar experience in February with BT over the phone, they were attempting to retain me, There main retention tactic was to inform me of their generous usage allowance on option3 of 300gb per month, I informed the Bt retainer this was untrue and in fact option 3 was a unlimited product and had been for some time, The retainer became very flustered and insisted I was wrong and I must be confused , I proceeded to inform the Bt retainer of the date it went to unlimited usage, apparently I accused the Bt retainer of lying and what purpose would they have, I got to explaining to the Bt retainer they should really know the basics of their products and the phone went dead.

Strangely when I phoned back 5 mins later I had retention Manager or so they said, who informed me of the devils of SKY LLU and super fast 21cn would soon be at my exchange in June 12, needless to say I left and 21 cn now has a date of July 2014!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
  Print Thread

Jump to