General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dazza12
(newbie) Sat 24-Nov-12 12:07:20
Print Post

How long between upgraded cabinet and Live?

[link to this post]

The cabinet that serves my address was upgraded about 3 weeks ago with the new slimline FTTC cabinet. I have become aware of several cabinets in my town that are now displaying their Fibre Here sticker and are therefore live.

My exchange is WWYEOV, my postcode is BA21 3DW, my cabinet is P24 (but if wrong, the next nearest, P30 has also been upgraded).

The cabinet is humming, which I believe indicates that power is there.

What is normally the turn around time from installation to when it becomes Live on OR's systems (and therefore accepting orders)? Alternatively is there anywhere I can check regarding the status of my cabinet?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Nov-12 12:52:07
Print Post

Re: How long between upgraded cabinet and Live?

[re: dazza12] [link to this post]

Piece of string - ask nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Sat 24-Nov-12 13:06:59
Print Post

[re: dazza12] [link to this post]

I dont think either pcp 24 or 30 are live yet but should not be too much longer.
There appear to be a lot of cabinets being upgraded in WWYEO so may be a while from the 1st ones accepting orders to the last one going live

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iwish
(committed) Sat 24-Nov-12 13:57:07
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk will just give you any old excuse and a date that will probably fall behind again
Standard User mfraz74
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 17:40:21
Print Post

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

I am in the same area and received an email from Openreach today saying:
Whilst the exchange is enabled for fibre to the cabinet in your locality work is ongoing. The estimated date for cabinet wwyeov30 enablement is close March 2013 assuming there are no major issues.

If WWYEOV 30 is the cabinet at the bottom of Westfield Road then this is one of the cabinets that has a poster stating that fibre broadband is available now.
  Print Thread

Jump to