General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Wed 28-Nov-12 20:32:55
Print Post

New Cabinet

[link to this post]

At long last a new cabinet has been installed which should serve my post code area.

Is there any way of finding out how long it will take to be activated, I have tried asking on the many BT chat services but they just seem hell bent on getting me to sign up without being able to tell me when the cab will be live.

Edited by astroman (Wed 28-Nov-12 20:33:43)

Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Wed 28-Nov-12 22:29:07
Print Post

Re: New Cabinet

[re: astroman] [link to this post]

See what this link says: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/adslchecker.w...

After that, you could try the NGA enquiries email at Openreach.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Nov-12 09:05:11
Print Post

The chat people work for BT Retail, who have as much clue as TalkTalk and Sky staff.

You need to talk to what is probably a team of two people deep in Openreach, who can still probably only give an estimate.

Has the pavement been dug up to get poser to the cabinet (low hum when you listen at night) and cable link to the existing green cabinet? Is this the first cabinet on the exchange? Or are others already providing service?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 29-Nov-12 09:14:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The chat people work for BT Retail, who have as much clue as TalkTalk and Sky staff.
The people who respond to nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk are Openreach staff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Thu 29-Nov-12 11:49:13
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

The OP indicated:
I have tried asking on the many BT chat services but they just seem hell bent on getting me to sign up

I think Mr Saffron was talking about them as being part of BT Retail (and I agree)... I don't imagine the Openreach guys will be trying to get anyone to sign up.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 29-Nov-12 12:08:54
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

I agree. Note that the people who respond to nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk are Openreach staff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Thu 29-Nov-12 17:20:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

You need to talk to what is probably a team of two people deep in Openreach, who can still probably only give an estimate.

Has the pavement been dug up to get poser to the cabinet (low hum when you listen at night) and cable link to the existing green cabinet? Is this the first cabinet on the exchange? Or are others already providing service?

The pavement has been dug up yes, I'll have a listen for any hum later on!. Most of Penzance was enabled in March this year, this cab appeared out of the blue.

I'll give the emaill a go and see if I get any joy from them, thanks all for the replies.

Edited by astroman (Thu 29-Nov-12 17:23:02)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Nov-12 17:34:18
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Which is correct, but there is no web based chat type application interface to those people. So safe to say person was not talking to them.

As it is Penzance then the www.superfastcornwall.org.uk people will be a good option for information.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Thu 29-Nov-12 18:11:22
Print Post

Just taken the dog for his walk, passed 2 cabs on the way, both humming, got to my new one and despite the concerns of an elderly lady who saw me with my ear to the cab and asking if I was ok, there was no hum frown
Standard User tonycollinet
(learned) Sun 02-Dec-12 17:34:53
Print Post

That made me laugh - It could be a new hobby looking for fibre geeks pressing their ears to green boxes by the road.

smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to