General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Als
(experienced) Fri 07-Dec-12 12:38:10
Print Post

Cab relocation

[link to this post]

When I enter my postcode on www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
It says the following;-
'This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide fibre broadband services to your postcode. Unfortunately there are other underground utility services in the approved location for this cabinet. We are seeking an alternative location.

When we plan where to locate a cabinet it is done on the basis of underground utility records (for example gas, water and wastewater) available to us at the time. It is rare and unfortunate, but in the case of this cabinet the records were not complete or incorrect and we cannot install our cables in the position originally planned. We are therefore looking for an alternative solution but this will take some time'

I wonder what my chances are of getting fibre next year...

Als

BE Value
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Dec-12 12:39:09
Print Post

Re: Cab relocation

[re: Als] [link to this post]

Better than mine

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Als
(experienced) Fri 07-Dec-12 12:43:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Whys that, FTTP?

Als

BE Value

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Dec-12 12:49:53
Print Post

I have nothing fibre wise, and waiting on Surrey CC to get going.

So long as they are looking for a solution then there is hope for you.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Als
(experienced) Fri 07-Dec-12 13:08:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

So long as they are looking for a solution then there is hope for you.

I was thinking about asking for a retention deal from BE if I'm not going to get fibre for a while. I turned down a deal this time last year because I hoped the March date for fibre would materialise frown

Als

BE Value
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 07-Dec-12 13:17:33
Print Post

You are not the first and will not be the last.

BT has excellent records of where their cables/ducts are - almost to the inch, so much so that when they visited a site near to me they said "do not drill here" but what did the idiot boring holes for piles do ... he read the old plans and ignored the warnings resulting in 20,000 lines being taken out.

The other utilities records are no where as good as BTs which can explain why British Gas take four attempts to find a gas main!

BT will have asked for the various location plans for gas, electricity, potable and waste water along with cable services and others such as traffic signals and based their design on that along with the guidelines for where each service should be located under a footway. It is only on digging will they find out that a service was not registered or is in the wrong place. So, back to the drawing board and towards the end of the queue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Als
(experienced) Fri 07-Dec-12 13:51:51
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

The cabinet was moved about 30yds further down the road about 8 years ago to allow for a new road/site entrance & mini roundabout layout. I should think the unknown services would be from a demolished hospital & nurses accomadation which used to be a Victorian workhouse.

Als

BE Value
Standard User SalJam
(newbie) Thu 27-Dec-12 16:53:29
Print Post

I think im in a similar position. I live right next to the cabinet you are talking about, on frederick road. Still waiting for a reply from open reach on a status update.
Standard User Als
(experienced) Thu 27-Dec-12 18:19:07
Print Post

[re: SalJam] [link to this post]

Yes that's the one.

When I emailed Openreach I received this strange statement;-
'Hastings 29 is deferred and will continue to show deferred until it is enabled or cancelled
The reasoning behind this is that we cannot find a suitable location as unable to access the existing telephony cabinet.'

I think we will just have to wait & hope Openreach find a solution

Als

BE Value
Standard User simon194
(committed) Thu 27-Dec-12 21:47:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by Als:
Yes that's the one.

When I emailed Openreach I received this strange statement;-
'Hastings 29 is deferred and will continue to show deferred until it is enabled or cancelled
The reasoning behind this is that we cannot find a suitable location as unable to access the existing telephony cabinet.'

I think we will just have to wait & hope Openreach find a solution

I wonder which bright spark decided to fence off the PCP so that it is inside the area of what was the aborted Ore Valley Millennium Development.

Somehow I don't think Openreach are trying very hard because there's a padlocked gate next to it. Is it really that difficult to try and find out who has the key or get someone from the council to cut the padlock off???
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to