General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rslewis
(newbie) Sun 09-Dec-12 13:15:24
Print Post

Fibre in Crawley (West Sussex) ??

[link to this post]

I know that the main town centre exchange in Crawley has fibre but does anyone know whether the smaller exchange at Pound Hill has fibre (or any plans to). I am currently with Talk Talk and their website says I can get fibre but when I have looked at other sites it doesn't come up!
Any clues? If it helps my postcode is RH10 7SB.
Thanks
Rob
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:14:09
Print Post

Re: Fibre in Crawley (West Sussex) ??

[re: rslewis] [link to this post]

This website says that Pound Hill is accepting orders: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/.

The BT wholesale checker is usually most accurate, but that's for the phone number input. With postcode, it is less accurate.
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:16:53
Print Post

What does this: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html checker say about your phone number and/or full address?

That is what most ISPs use (or an API at least) to check availability.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:30:47
Print Post

http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/#!lat=51.119376489023...

Also shows people with fibre speeds in the area, showing that some have managed to order and get the service installed.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:33:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Also shows people with fibre speeds in the area, showing that some have managed to order and get the service installed.

Could easily be VM users on coax.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:37:11
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

And it tells you which provider when you click on the speed, showing the range and providers if more than one test

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Dec-12 14:57:52
Print Post

And it tells you which provider when you click on the speed, showing the range and providers if more than one test

ok.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sun 09-Dec-12 17:00:15
Print Post

Would be nice if we could click each ISP and get a breakdown of each test and the date, I can see I'm the fastest for my area as the upper range matches my speed test smile (Just my neighbours haven't tried your speed test as I know they are faster)

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 09-Dec-12 17:00:46)

Print Thread

Jump to