General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Sumrandom123
(newbie) Mon 17-Dec-12 11:13:39
Print Post

Which cabinet am I on??

[link to this post]

Hi guys, finding out which cabinet I'm on is proving hard. There's 2 cabinets about the same distance from my hous and they are p5 and p6. My postcode is cf41 7qd and when I put it into fttc check it says I could be connected to either p44 or p5 so god knows where p44 is. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out because our local exchange is is going fibre 31st December and I was really hoping I was on cabinet p6 because it has the shiny new cabinet next to the old one and p5 has not. So any help would be helpful. Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Dec-12 11:41:06
Print Post

Re: Which cabinet am I on??

[re: Sumrandom123] [link to this post]

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html if going live is the checker to keep an eye on, and do not use postcode but telephone number or address.

Postcodes are often served by two cabinets.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Dec-12 11:49:08
Print Post

Further to what Mr.S says, the 31st Dec date is most likely one of the 'holding' dates, and there is a good chance the date will be bumped forward shortly.

Are the fibre DSLAM cabs in place already, has there been a flurry of Openreach activity near by ? If not, looks like you are in for a further wait.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Mon 17-Dec-12 12:04:59
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply guys. The cabinet p6 is already in place but there in no sign on the p5 old one being upgraded. Just hoping I was on the p6 cabinet so I guess I'll just have to wait it out.
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Mon 17-Dec-12 19:15:04
Print Post

FYI, PCP44
Neither PCP5 nor PCP44 are due to be upgraded in the current program
(newbie) Mon 17-Dec-12 19:47:34
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Not very good for me then, I'm stuck with the [censored] Internet speed till they sort it. Thanks for the info dude. Any info on when the next programme or maybe a guestamation on how long I'm gonna be waiting. It's just so frustrating because my mother just lives 5 mins walk and she's able to get it according to the checker. Just winds me up. Thanks again
Standard User hoopla
(member) Mon 24-Dec-12 19:05:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by Sumrandom123:
Hi guys, finding out which cabinet I'm on is proving hard. There's 2 cabinets about the same distance from my hous and they are p5 and p6. My postcode is cf41 7qd and when I put it into fttc check it says I could be connected to either p44 or p5 so god knows where p44 is.
Try putting your postcode into the box on http://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm and clicking the Lookup Post Code button, then drill down to the cabinets and distances to your postcode. Unfortunately it says that you are 2147M from either of the cabinets, which is not good news, and suggests they are probably very near each other. Neither has fttc.
(newbie) Mon 24-Dec-12 19:15:03
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

I spoke to bt and the woman told me I was on p5 which I don't think is that far away only a 2 min walk from my house. What I don't get is that cabinets p4 and p6 are getting upgraded to fibre and they just seem to skip p5. [censored] winds me up aye.
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Mon 24-Dec-12 19:39:09
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

I think you'll find that is distance from the exchange not cabinet on that checker.

Print Thread

Jump to