General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Unseen
(regular) Wed 19-Dec-12 14:11:31
Print Post

FTTC Eccles Exchange MRECC

[link to this post]

Checking on Openreach site MRECC is showing as accepting orders, does this only apply to BT customers or could I now ask Sky about upgrading to fibre?

Also I know to keep an eye out for the infinity boxes as a sure sign of go live, Openreach trucks were around for a few weekends pulling I assume fibre through but I'm not sure where my local PCP is. Postcode is m30 9px, currently the only 'green' boxes in the area are VM's not sure where BTs is in the area! Anyone have any ideas where to go looking?

Thanks
Standard User David_W
(experienced) Wed 19-Dec-12 17:33:41
Print Post

Re: FTTC Eccles Exchange MRECC

[re: Unseen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Unseen:
Checking on Openreach site MRECC is showing as accepting orders, does this only apply to BT customers or could I now ask Sky about upgrading to fibre?

Also I know to keep an eye out for the infinity boxes as a sure sign of go live, Openreach trucks were around for a few weekends pulling I assume fibre through but I'm not sure where my local PCP is. Postcode is m30 9px, currently the only 'green' boxes in the area are VM's not sure where BTs is in the area! Anyone have any ideas where to go looking?

Thanks

You can ask Sky, but there may be a delay between your exchange and cabinet going live and Sky being able to provide service. I've explained the reason here.

There's no such thing as an 'Infinity box' - Infinity is just the brand for BT Retail's FTTx product. You may see 'Superfast broadband is here' stickers on the FTTC cabinets - but not necessarily. I haven't seen any around here, though the cabinets are now live and it is possible to place an order.
Standard User Unseen
(regular) Wed 19-Dec-12 18:04:51
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Sorry I know they're not 'infinity boxes' although when they delivered the ones fitted around Hope Hospital they DID have "Infinity is here" stickers plastered all over them. Didn't stay on long mind!

More trying to work out where my connection point is so I can keep an eye. I did find this green box which isn't far say 3/400metres away as the crow flies..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Dec-12 18:18:41
Print Post

If you mean http://blog.thinkbroadband.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

Those vinyl wraps ARE NOT Infinity, but Openreach
That one is from Cornwall where they have EU logo on them too

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User thundercats
(newbie) Mon 07-Jan-13 21:50:56
Print Post

you could try looking towards the bowling green, next to the roundabout a new cab was put in just before xmas think its cab 4 , due to go be ready end of feb, per BT NGA

ps im up near the pub being done up...

rgds
Standard User Unseen
(regular) Tue 08-Jan-13 14:57:47
Print Post

[re: thundercats] [link to this post]

Yeah I noticed that cab had been replaced recently. My issue is with being on a Sky line I can't use the BT checker to confirm where my PCP is. Codelook shows my postcode as being Exchange Line, which if true would make sense as previous fun experiences with BT have always involved them having to "Need to go to the exchange to sort it at that end".

Unless someone has a more reliable way of checking ? Postcode is M30 9PX

Thundercats: Is the blue bell open again or have they started the refurb now?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 08-Jan-13 18:00:34
Print Post

Try the address checker

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 64.2 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User thundercats
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 00:38:45
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

hi

pub refurb started on the 7th...

so you have "the problems back at the exchange too"...seems common near us...

when its bad i have an unusable voice phone line too., been tearing my hair out trying to resolve once and for all so i can get fibre in, BT are out again with us trying to trace the latest intermittent voice fault , tomorrow

5 micro filters , 3 routers, and its still has the same problem and i have no extension wiring, been through all the checks,

if the voice engineer cant resolve, then its back to my ISP BE yet again and log it as a BB fault, when there is no noise have seen and held a 21mbit connection at 3db for weeks on end, then poss coincidentally but i suspect not when the BT chaps were putting the new cab in over the last two weeks fell back to syncing at 8mbit max, and multiple disconnects and thats where its at currently...

could do with it sorting as the newFTTC cab is less than 100m away and the local pole feeding the house basically 10m from my front door, so if FTTP is an option im having some of that ...and banish copper forever
  Print Thread

Jump to