General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iwish
(committed) Fri 21-Dec-12 20:41:34
Print Post

Bt work next to cabinet

[link to this post]

Our cab is live and i have an order date for the 28th.
On Wednesday i saw two tents from BT, one on the ground cover next to the PCb and one on the ground cover next to the cabinet. They had a long length of black cable next to them. What would this be for and could it mess up my install date.
A was thinking maybe thats how they connect the cab to the PCB, but would that not have been done before they said the cab was live.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 21-Dec-12 20:43:38
Print Post

Re: Bt work next to cabinet

[re: iwish] [link to this post]

Maybe enabling more phone lines for FTTC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User iwish
(committed) Fri 21-Dec-12 20:57:23
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I dont get what you mean.
The cab has not long gone live so it has no one on it yet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 21-Dec-12 21:11:24
Print Post

I'm basically agreeing with this "A was thinking maybe thats how they connect the cab to the PCB"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User iwish
(committed) Fri 21-Dec-12 21:44:17
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Ah. But should that no been done before the cab goes live. It seems daft to say the cab is live when all the work is not done yet. It's like saying the cabs live now but we haven't done the power yet.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 21-Dec-12 23:22:10
Print Post

Or you aren't the first and a problem or was found in the initially laid cable when earlier ones were installed. So they replaced it as a simple fault fix. A couple of hours interruption, if that, to the the earlier connections, or even getting them to work when they didn't.

That wouldn't cause it to be withdrawn from service as long as the team was available. Which it was.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User iwish
(committed) Sat 22-Dec-12 14:38:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

as soon as the box went live i was in for an order. so am pretty sure i am 1st in

Edited by iwish (Sat 22-Dec-12 17:41:44)

Standard User idb
(committed) Sat 22-Dec-12 14:45:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by iwish:
as soon as the box went love i was in for an order. so am pretty sure i am 1st in
Not always a good thing. I ordered as soon as the cab went live (I was the second line actually connected) and was provisioned a couple of weeks later. Things worked, but not as well as expected, and it ended up with three OR people working on the cab for two days as "it had been incorrectly wired up".

All is well now though smile

Ian
Standard User iwish
(committed) Sat 22-Dec-12 17:44:44
Print Post

[re: idb] [link to this post]

Two guys where down at the cab today again so i asked them if there was a fault or something as i was due fibre on the 28th. They said a fault had been found during testing and they have fixed it now and they will test again and i should be fine for the 28th. No one is on the cab yet and they are surprised i got a date for the 28th as they are so busy.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sat 22-Dec-12 17:54:01
Print Post

Without any pictures, it sounds most like an issue with the copper tail between the DSLAM and the cab (PCP).

The usual issue would be the tail incorrectly laced out in the cab. Sometimes easier to star again from scratch, especially if there's no one using the tail at present.

Print Thread

Jump to