General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Timalay
(experienced) Sat 05-Jan-13 16:53:37
Print Post

Openreach modem question

[link to this post]

Just a small question about the Openreach modem supplied with FTTC connections. Is yours to keep after a set while, or say if cancelled after your fibre contract was up would you have to give it back?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 05-Jan-13 17:01:29
Print Post

Re: Openreach modem question

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

Depends on the ISP. With BT Infinity, it's yours to keep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Timalay
(experienced) Sat 05-Jan-13 17:02:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Plusnet

Edited by Timalay (Sat 05-Jan-13 19:01:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 05-Jan-13 17:07:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Depends on the ISP. With BT Infinity, it's yours to keep.
That hasn't been my understanding- Infinity is sold by BT Retail and the modem is supplied by BT Openreach, whoever the ISP happens to be.

But my understanding could be wrong- do you have a link?

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6

Edited by billford (Sat 05-Jan-13 17:15:00)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 05-Jan-13 17:20:10
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I asked Openreach and that was the answer I got. I had to ask because there was no other way of getting a definitive answer after I had searched and searched.

edited to clarify.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Edited by BatBoy (Sat 05-Jan-13 17:23:57)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 05-Jan-13 17:22:00
Print Post

Hmm, interesting... cheers.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Jan-13 18:14:27
Print Post

When I asked about this when I was going to move house, BT told me to leave it installed (wall mounted) and they would install a new one at the new house, but I was told to take the HH3 which I don't use anyway.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 94040D 34659U
Sync 79999D 20000U
Attenuation: 10.1 SNR: 16.2
Line Length 300meters
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 05-Jan-13 18:15:55
Print Post

The modem remains property of BT.

The service we agree to give you includes:

1. a high-speed fibre broadband service. Your speed will be estimated at the time of placing the order and will be the fastest speed your line can support. For further information please go to www.bt.com/help/infinityspeed.
helpdesk services;
other applications and features as described at www.bt.com/infinity ; and
installation of network equipment required to enable you to use the service.

2. The equipment we agree to give you includes a:

BT Infinity Home Hub; and
Data Extension Kit (required only if there is no double power socket near your telephone master socket). If required, the engineer will ask for your agreement to install during his installation visit.

It does not include BT giving you a modem. They provide a service and equipment to enable you to use the service.

The Business Ts & Cs are more specific:

1.4 For any equipment supplied under the Contract:
(a) risk passes and acceptance takes place at the time of delivery;
(b) title in equipment passes to the Customer on payment of the charges as detailed in the Charges Schedule at which point the equipment becomes Customer Equipment, however title in any equipment supplied without charge remains with BT as BT Equipment;

That is fairly specific and there will be a similar document on the residential side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Timalay
(experienced) Sat 05-Jan-13 18:59:31
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lockyatlrg:
When I asked about this when I was going to move house, BT told me to leave it installed (wall mounted) and they would install a new one at the new house, but I was told to take the HH3 which I don't use anyway.

Mine isn't wall mounted. It's sitting under my router.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 05-Jan-13 19:15:11
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

There's no such document on the BT Infinity Residential side. This is all there is
Your new equipment

You'll need two pieces of equipment. You'll get your new BT Home Hub two days before your installation date and your engineer will bring your BT Infinity modem and install both for you.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to